SSDGI is an agriculture and manufacturing company currently looking to hire a motivated full-time Machine Operator I. Pay rate is $22-$27/hour depending on experience. This position is responsible for performing a variety of manufacturing tasks and activities to achieve prescribed level of quality and consistency in product and work output. If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
• Perform process manufacturing tasks including operation of large-scale equipment, weighing, measuring, monitoring of raw materials to assure batches contain proper ingredients, quantities, and process outputs.
• Perform in-process testing as specified within manufacturing documentation.
• Identify and inform supervisor of equipment malfunctions or process outputs that do not meet expected outcomes. May perform troubleshooting of equipment or process problems and recommend solutions.
• Maintain manufacturing areas to identified standards of cleanliness and neatness; may involve sweeping, mopping floors, wiping down equipment, and appropriately disposing of trash.
• May be required to write or revise process documents such as operational SOPs, batch records, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Complete reporting each shift.
• Train other people in machine operation.
• Properly uses all scales, printouts, zeroing, setting tares, and daily calibration verification per SOPs.
• Proficient in equipment cleaning.
• Follow and run processes to meet the assigned schedule for the department.
• Assist in material inventory, ensuring accurate inventory records.
• Check all documents for accuracy. Complete documentation associated with manufacturing processes (e.g., batch record, protocols, and logbooks) with detail and accuracy.
• Maintain good housekeeping and keep equipment clean in accordance with SOPs.
• Communicate any discrepancies, inaccuracies, or machine problems to supervisor.
• Sit/stand for long periods of time while focusing on detail-oriented work.
• Assure accuracy and consistency while manufacturing products.
• Maintain daily compliance with company policies.
• Operate with integrity and honesty.
• Use company applications for communication, production, and time tracking.
• High school diploma or equivalent with proficiency in basic math skills (addition, subtraction, fractions, and measurements).
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred, or commensurate education. Prefer experience in pharmaceutical machine operation or electromechanical engineering background.
• Ability to follow basic or commonly used rules, procedures and operations with some previous training or experience.
• Requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; recurring reaching, bending, climbing in restricted areas or similar activities; recurring lifting or use of lifting equipment of moderately heavy (50lbs) weight items.
• Operation of machines and/or equipment that may result in some fatigue with much of the operations being done in a non-sitting position.
• Work requires specific, but common, physical characteristics and a high degree of dexterity.
• Ability to withstand exposure to dust, odor, noise, or fumes. The noise level is usually moderate.
• Must possess mechanical aptitude and ability to work with hands and tools to operate and perform minor maintenance on equipment.
• Must be able to operate basic electronic equipment and possess basic computer skills. Must be able to follow directions, both written and verbal, and perform assigned tasks independently.
• Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
• Requires understanding of basic math to perform mathematical calculations.
• Must be able to crawl, climb, twist torso, and stand for long periods of time.
• Reliable attendance is required.
• Ability to focus on task for a long period of time.
• Work with a sense of urgency.
• Great communicator.
• Must be willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Must be 21+.
• Background check will be run pre-hire, if we determine you are otherwise qualified for the position.
• Must be able to work in a highly regulated industry and follow its rules.
• Health insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday or as needed
• May be occasional required weekend and overtime work
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Renton WA
Contact Person: April Roth
Location: Renton, WA
Application Method: Email Resume
Base Pay: $22-$27/hour