Employer: Puget Sound Energy
Electric GIS Tech I
Date: Jul 23, 2021
Job ID: 1843
Location: Bellevue, WA, US, 98004
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Engineering Operations team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Electric GIS Tech I position!
Job Description -
- Create, update and maintain electric maps by GIS, CAD or similar software or by manual drafting in accordance with standards, guidelines and practices; mapping jobs and revisions shall be predominantly simple-to-medium complexity in nature.
- Retrieve, research, analyze and interpret maps, as-builts, records and engineering documents as needed.
- Identify and resolve missing, wrong or conflicting information on construction records and maps and in related data.
- Utilize the Circuit Builder Tool within GIS.
- Assist with routine and special mapping, data entry and clerical duties.
- Check simple mapping, drafting and data entry work done by others.
- Assist with field verification for maintaining maps and plant records. Assist with training.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Perform all duties and functions in a timely, accurate, efficient and productive manner.
- Must reach and maintain 98% mapping accuracy by end of third year and meet EGT I Productivity Standards.
- Make decisions with limited information.
- Support emergency operations.
- Must be knowledgeable of and comply with all company standards, policies and practices, Electric Design Standards, Electric Distribution Line - Construction Standards and state and federal safety regulations as they all pertain to the job.
- Operate all necessary equipment and systems.
- Perform similar and incidental duties as assigned.
This position will be filled in accordance with Article 13.8 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Requires high school diploma or GED. Requires minimum 2-year certificate in GIS, CAD or similar program, or equivalent work experience. Requires successful completion of course work in basic physics and mathematics. Requires a valid driver's license.
1-year GIS/CAD drafting or mapping experience preferred.
Additional Information -
The position has minimal contact with customers, contractors, other utilities, vendors and government agencies.
Job Conditions and Physical Effort:
The duties are generally performed in an office environment. The position involves sitting and repetitive use of PC mouse and keyboard. The position will also involve walking, standing, light to moderate lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, kneeling, twisting, balancing, climbing, and equipment and machinery operation. May require irregular work schedule, shifts and overtime hours. The environmental conditions include ambient inside temperature, lighting and noise levels. Performance of the position requires work in varied environments such as inclement weather, loud noise, hazardous conditions and on varied outdoor work surfaces such as mud, ice, slopes, hills, etc. Requires driving company vehicles. The occasional use of protective clothing and/or safety devices may be required. Position requires performing computer operations involving near vision and color discrimination abilities, as well as the ability to consistently and accurately distinguish numeric and alpha information.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.pse.com/job/Bellevue-Electric-GIS-Tech-I-WA-98004/769696500/
Base Pay: DOQ