Employer: Puget Sound Energy
Date: Jul 22, 2021
Job ID: 1682
Location: Redmond, WA, US, 98052
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's IT Infrastructure team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Comm Tech position!
Construct, install and maintain equipment associated with microwave, fiber optics, radio, telephone, SCADA and miscellaneous communications or electronic devices and telephony and voice services, Perform similar and incidental duties as required.
- Must have two years recent experience installing and maintaining communications and electronic equipment as used by the utility industry.
- Must demonstrate competence in analyzing and repairing such equipment including, but not limited to; microwave, fiber optics, radio, telephone, SCADA and miscellaneous communications or electronic devices.
- Must possess a FCC General Class Radio Operator license.
- Must be able to calculate electrical quantities, able to read and sketch electrical and electronic circuit diagrams and be able to use shop tools and instruments used in communications and electronic work in a safe manner.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with Company employees, customers and other personnel.
- Must possess or obtain within thirty (30) working days after selection a valid First Aid/CPR card.
- May require the employee to obtain and maintain a current Commercial Driver's License (CDL B) with air and other necessary endorsements. - Training will be provided to obtain this license.
- Must have a working knowledge and comply with all Company standards, policies, practices and procedures and State and Federal safety regulations as they pertain to the job.
- Must possess a valid Washington State driver's license.
Additional Information -
Job Conditions and Physical Efforts:
The duties and responsibilities are performed in a varied indoor and outdoor environment. The position involves sitting, standing, walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate to heavy carrying, kneeling, twisting, balancing, climbing, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping and operation of equipment and machinery.
The environmental conditions include all weather conditions, noise levels, hazardous conditions and on a full range of work surfaces. The use of protective clothing and/or safety devices is required.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Location: Redmond, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.pse.com/job/Redmond-Comm-Tech-WA-98052/748350800/
Base Pay: DOQ