Employer: R.C. BIGELOW, INC.
Job Title: Electronic Technician I
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Date Prepared: 7.31.20
This position will provide electronic/electrical support for production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install and wire manufacturing control devices that utilize PLC’s, sensors, motors, servos, etc. and be able to troubleshoot electrical problems.
• Provide maintenance support for all production floor electronic equipment.
• Assist in developing and upgrading electronic systems for monitoring packaging and production equipment.
• Assist Maintenance Department personnel in troubleshooting electrical / electronic problems with production equipment.
• Assist in the Design and fabrication of supplemental equipment for project related activities.
• Assist in the fabrication and wiring of control panels for conveying systems and packaging equipment.
• Perform electrical preventative maintenance.
• Prepare electrical drawings as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
• Ability to have a flexible schedule in order to ensure that production machines are maintained and electronic projects are performed in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree in electronics; 1 years’ experience in the maintenance of electronic control devices in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MUST have working knowledge and experience in ladder logic and PLC interfacing in a manufacturing / production environment (or similar).
The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Computer literate and versed in ladder logic programming, including but not limited to, A/B, Rockwell, ControlLogix, RSView/Factory Talk. Experience with B&R a plus.
• Ability to know/learn programming skills required to communicate with packaging hardware.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to risk of electrical shock.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Contact Person: Angela Costanzo
Location: Boise, ID
Application Method: Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org