Furnace Controls Operator #21-2102 Richland, WA
Published Job Title: Furnace Controls Operator
Work Location(s): Richland, WA
Job Description: Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
ATI Richland Operations is seeking a Furnace Controls Operator to join our Richland, Washington facility. Our Richland Operation specializes in melting Titanium and Titanium Alloys to produce ingots for use in multiple applications in the Aerospace and Medical Markets. Our furnace Controls Operators are key players in the manufacturing process with their role as primary melters of ingots for both internal and external customers. Furnace Controls Operators will also be responsible for monitoring gauges to ensure the melt rate is on target and identifying any discrepancies that could cause deformities in the alloy. This position works a rotating shift consisting of 12.25 hours (overtime paid after 8 hours of each shift). Shifts rotate weekly from days to nights and hours are 5:45 am - 6:00 pm and/or 5:45 pm - 6:00 am.
In order to become successful, you’ll have to quickly learn ATI, our manufacturing equipment, processes and products, and be able to maintain a high attention to detail, follow directions with exactness, and have exceptional problem-solving skills. An effective Furnace Controls Operator will have experience operating a forklift and other IME and be comfortable using basic hand tools and getting their hands dirty on the floor.
As a Furnace Operator You will spend 75% of your time in the control room monitoring vacuum levels and temperature gauges and 25% of your time on the floor cleaning crucibles and prepping molds for next melt campaign. You will also perform a variety of duties prepping for a melt, including loading material into the furnace and pulling heat samples of a finished melt to quality for sampling. You will need to pay close attention to detail and have troubleshooting skills.
Employees in this position are responsible for preparing and operating an electron beam furnace.
• Operate electron beam guns to cast and melt titanium blends
• Must be able to closely monitor the melt process on computer monitors and manipulate hand controls for up to 12.25 hours on their shift
• Operate industrial machinery and equipment (including overhead cranes and fork lifts)
• Use instrumentation and controls
• Must be detail oriented and stay organized
• Use hand tools
• Must work safely and adhere to a zero injury safety culture
• Must assist with the furnace turnaround duties, such as cleaning crucibles and prepping for the next melt
• 2 year technical/trade school degree (preferably in instrumentation and controls, electrical, and/or mechanics) or in lieu of degree, at least 3 years of industrial, manufacturing, melting, instrumentation or control room experience
• Experience working with instrumentation and controls
• Experience operating Industrial Mobile Equipment (IME) and forklift
• Machine operation experience
• Experience operating an industrial furnace in the metals industry
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
Due to the nature of its operations, including certain federal government contracts, ATI Specialty Alloys & Components must track -- and in some cases limit employment opportunity based on -- citizenship or immigration status.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Requisition Number: 21-2102
Area of Interest: Manufacturing / Production / Operations
Location: RIchland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=ATIMetals&c=1115641#/
Base Pay: DOQ