Employer: TC Energy
EIC Controls Technician - Red River (Reference Code: 86961)
Location: United States (US) - Flint, TX
Job Category: Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 07/21/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Liquids Pipelines Team is looking for a knowledgeable Electrical Instrumental & Controls (EI&C) Technician reporting to the Flint area office in Flint Texas as a team member of the Flint/Paris operation team. The successful candidate must be able to travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings, and training involving some overnight stays away from home. This position is subject to occasional travel with extended workdays and/or workweeks and overnight stays away in support of pipeline/facility operation and project activities.
This position is eligible for domestic relocation
This position is not eligible for cross border relocation
This position is safety sensitive and is subject to random drug testing
Reporting to the Area Manager, the incumbent applies EI&C skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot, and perform other planned maintenance and corrective tasks on assigned electronic, electrical, pneumatic and/or mechanical control systems, devices, and ancillary equipment. Operate and maintains oil pump station, pipeline, and auxiliary equipment such as variable frequency electrical drives, soft start equipment, PLCs, electrical generators, air compressors, pumps, valves, pipelines, filters, scrubbers, etc. in a manner to meet operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements
What you’ll do
• Perform installation, testing, repair and maintenance on oil storage facilities, pipelines, and oil pump stations as well as other associated equipment used in oil transmission systems
• Troubleshoot equipment problems utilizing technical reference manuals and documents
• Perform technical analysis to prepare recommendations for future action
• Provide multi-skilled maintenance support with other technicians in the completion of pipeline, mechanical and measurement activities
• Provide coaching, mentoring and training to other personnel
• Manage and co-ordinate usage of third-party contractors
• Other related duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED
• Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls, or Telecommunications technical training, apprenticeship program, or equivalent education or experience
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience and the ability to competently and efficiently perform the duties assigned
• Demonstrated effective written & verbal communication skills
• Highly motivated with interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative team environment that includes shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others, support team and company objectives, and a willingness to work in all areas required by the team
• Must have the ability to complete tasks and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste
• Utilize computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, on-line reporting, material and supply ordering, and filing of various forms
• Subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and extended workdays and/or workweeks including overnights stays away from home location. Will be required to carry a cell phone, to work a rotating on-call schedule, and is subject to 24-hr/day callout at any time for emergency response
• Subject to Random Drug Testing
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
• Must have a proven safe driving record and provide documentation of past traffic violations upon request
• Previous oil / liquid expertise and experience
• Electrical Controls / Instrumentation experience
*The successful candidate may be required to complete pre-employment medical and drug testing.
*Depending upon the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.
*Consistent with our employment practices, TC Energy reserves the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.
Note: This position is overtime eligible and part of an on-call rotation and provides emergency support as required.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 07/21/2021 using reference code 86961. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Tyler
Job Segment: Technician, Telecom, Telecommunications, Instrumentation, Electrical, Technology, Engineering
Location: This post if for TX however, there are multiple openings at multiple locations
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.tcenergy.com/search/?createNewAlert=false&q=Instrumentation&locationsearch=
Base Pay: DOQ