Instrument/Electrical Technician - 33802
The Instrument and Electrical Operations Technician has the responsibility for the operation and control of equipment used in the process of air separation; also accountability for the care and maintenance of plant mechanical, instrumentation and electrical devices and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain and troubleshoot, instrumentation systems, and calibrations in accordance with manufacturers' instructions, local work instructions and governing regulations.
- Install, maintain, adjust and repair manual, pneumatic, electric and electronic measuring, recording, and regulating instrumentation.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and perform preventative inspections on mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with manufacturers instructions, local work instructions and governing regulations.
- Maintain and troubleshoot, electrical systems in accordance with manufacturers' instructions, local work instructions and governing regulations.
- Maintain quality control and quality assurance equipment, including process analyzers and gas chromatographs.
- Maintain calibration standards, including inspection, testing and measuring equipment as well as calibration gas cylinders.
- Perform routine and non-routine analytical calibrations and adjustments.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform maintenance on compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, and other plant equipment
- Demonstrate commitment to safety.
- Read and interpret technical drawings and manuals.
- Monitors water treatment systems
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Work with management team to schedule calibration and preventive maintenance programs during plant outages to achieve plant and company strategic quality and efficiency goals.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of comprehensive spare parts program.
- Assist in the training and development of other Airgas associates when needed.
- Develop and maintain contractor relationships
- Operate and control equipment used in an air separation plant.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Who We Are: Airgas Merchant Gases (AMG) is a leading producer and distributor of industrial and medical gas products in the United States. AMG produces and distributes gas products, provides applications development and support, and manages the supply chain for products sold through both the bulk and packaged gases channels. AMG’s products serve a wide network of customers in manufacturing, food and beverage, petrochemical and chemical processing, health care, education, and many other market areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A basic understanding of air separation and associated equipment and technologies (such as water treatment and refrigeration systems) is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required. Minimum two years of college, technical school, or military technical experience preferred.
Five plus years or more equivalent experience operating and/or maintaining a technical process in an industrial setting.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally (1-33% of work time)
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Strong skills in computer programs used for process control as well as document and spreadsheet creation and interpretation.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Employee Status: Regular
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Kent-98032-2433
Job Posting: Jul 13, 2021, 10:09:57 AM
Contact Person: Ron Thomas
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $30.00 + HR, DOQ