Employer: Yakima Medical-Dental Clinic
Yakima Medical-Dental Clinic
Location: Yakima Medical-Dental Clinic
Employment duration: Full time
Exempt Status: Non-exempt
Provides clients and patients of YVFWC with the needed educational information related to social service agencies available in the YVFWC service area.
• Education: High School Diploma or GED.
• Experience: Minimum one year of experience working as a lay leader, promotor (a), community health worker or similar role. Understanding how to connect to local community agencies and resources.
• Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current Washington State driver's license and proof of automobile insurance coverage. A passing score of 10 on the ALTA exam is required for bilingual differential pay.
• Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred; knowledge of the social and health agencies in the area and what they offer; ability to work independently with general guidance; ability to recognize a medical or emotional crisis and refer to an appropriate provider; community membership/shared experience with community being served; knowledge of medical terminology; and strong organizational skills.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC:
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
• We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
• We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
• We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
• We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
• We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
• We will let joy in.
• We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/aQMdXYu1ABdbSDEPh8y6r
Contact Person: Human Resources
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: Hourly Wage