Employer: Epson Portland Inc.
Epson Portland Inc., is looking for a Production Supervisor to join our Injection Molding Department. We’re looking for an independently minded Supervisor who understands the importance of quality in a manufacturing environment while promoting excellent leadership qualities to the staff.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in Injection Molding; supervising technical and non-technical personnel. The successful candidate will be self-directed, work closely with the team, exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, and be a natural problem-solver and strong communicator.
Shift: Day shift
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Develop, implement, and analyze approved actions to improve manufacturing processes, equipment performance, overall work quality, and lead the team to take the appropriate corrective actions to meet goals, quality standards, safety, and cost objectives
2. Monitor established operational objectives, assignments, and activities, including occasional revision of schedules and problem solving
3. Lead employees through effective communication, coaching, training, and development
4. Ensure employee time and attendance follows federal, state, and local wage and hour laws; ensure labor costs are within company goals
5. Oversee projects and daily processes to develop appropriate reports, data, and analysis
6. Inform/direct Maintenance personnel to maintain and repair machinery and equipment as needed. In conjunction with Maintenance personnel, coordinates maintenance activities with department requirements and schedules to minimize downtime and use resources efficiently.
7. Monitor spending within assigned area(s) to ensure expenditures are in line with department goals
8. Maintain department level ISO documentation, procedural maintenance, and revision; support ISO audits and ensure overall compliance to the standard
9. Support Epson’s global vision by promoting teamwork and delivering unique value through innovative and creative solutions
10. Maintain professional and technical knowledge of industry best practices by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications
Education and Experience
1. Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience is required
2. Minimum five (5) years of experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
3. Minimum three (3) years of progressively responsible experience
4. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate with all levels of personnel
5. Demonstrated project management experience with concurrent deadlines
6. Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
7. Proficient PC skills are required, including experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and PLC
Contact Person: Amy Hofrock
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: 70,000/yr