Employer: Alaskan Copper & Brass Company
We will be accepting applications for this job opening only between the opening and closing
dates. Individuals who meet all of the requirements will be considered for an interview. Job
applications may be filled out in person or online at www.alaskancopper.com and sent via fax
or scanned to firstname.lastname@example.org when completed.
Date Posted: June 15, 2021
Closing Date: July 2, 2021
Job Title: Credit & Accounting Analyst
Pay Rate: DOE
Hours of Work: Day shift 7:00 am to 3:45 pm
Location: 27402 72nd Avenue South Kent, WA 98032
Alaskan Copper is seeking a skilled and motivated Credit and Accounting
Analyst to join our Finance team. This role will enjoy a diverse set of
responsibilities including account analysis, reporting, implementation of
technology automation, problem resolution, customer service, and
collection of past due accounts. The Credit and Accounting Analyst will
also regularly provide operational support to other accounting functions
including accounts payable and invoicing. This team oriented contributor
will report directly to the Credit Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills and be
able to develop relationships across the organization. They will exhibit a
high degree of ethics and integrity, attention to detail, and a strong
passion for learning and continuous improvement.
Requirements To Be Considered For Position:
1. Application must be filled out completely by the Applicant.
2. Pass a Pre-employment drug screen.
3. Meet all of the Required Essential Job Skills/Experience.Credit & Accounting Analyst
June 21, 2021
Required Essential Job Skills/Experience:
1. Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience (3+ years)
2. Diplomatic and professional while achieving the desired financial
result of collection for Alaskan Copper.
3. Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an
4. Independent and able to exercise solid judgment while following
established processes. Intuitive and understand when to escalate.
5. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
6. Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
7. Exceptional attention to detail.
8. Ability to perform well in high pressure situations.
Required Essential Job Functions/Duties:
1. Manage an accounts receivable portfolio for a select group of
customers whose accounts require regular reconciliation, dispute
resolution and special attention.
2. Research and analyze credit and accounting records to resolve
problems and disputes required for the customer to approve invoice
3. Manage sales tax exemption documentation and compliance using both an
advanced technology solution (Avalara) as well as a legacy system.
4. Interact cross-functionally with a diverse set of Alaskan Copper
Teams including Sales, Shipping, Will-Call, Billing, General
Accounting and Accounts Payable.
5. Assist in processing monthly customer statements for mailing.
6. Process customer payments via credit card.
7. Update customer accounts as needed including processing
adjustments/corrections to account balances.
8. Provide regular operational support of other accounting functions.
9. Participate in an in process ERP implementation (Microsoft Dynamics
365 and Crowe Metals Accelerator) in preparation for go-live in March
10. Other tasks as assigned by the Credit Manager or Senior Accounting
Considered on an individual basis.
1. This position requires the following in an 8-hour workday:
Total At One Time (Hours) Total During Entire 8-Hour Day
Standing: 1 to 1 1/2 hours 2 hours
Walking: 10 minutes up to 2 hours Credit & Accounting Analyst
June 21, 2021
Sitting: 1 hour 4-6 hours
2. Movement of objects and strength required for this job:
Up to 5 lbs: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) FREQUENTLY (34-66%)
6-10 lbs: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
11-20 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
21-25 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
26-50 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
51-100 lbs.: NEVER NEVER
3. Required repetitive use of hands:
Simply Grasping: YES Pushing & Pulling: NO
Fine Manipulating: YES
4. Repetitive Actions/Movements Involving the Feet:
Right Foot: NO Left Foot: NO
5. Worker Positions Required in the Performance of this Job:
Climbing: OCCASIONALLY ( 1-33%) Balancing: NEVER
Bending: OCCASIONALLY ( 1-34%) Stooping: OCCASIONALLY (1-34%)
Kneeling: NEVER Crouching: OCCASIONALLY (1-34%)
Crawling: NEVER Reaching: OCCASIONALLY (34-66%)
6. Sensory Requirements:
Talking and/or Hearing: YES
Depth Perception: YES
Field of Vision: YES
Color Vision: NO
7. Environmental Conditions That Are Found in the Work Site:
PHYSICAL SURROUNDINGS: X Inside (75% of time)
_ Outside (75% of time)
_ Both (equal amounts)
TEMPERATURE: _ Cold (enough to cause bodily
_ Hot (enough to cause bodily
_ Variations (sufficient to cause
bodily reactions)Credit & Accounting Analyst
June 21, 2021
WET: _ Contact with water and/or other
HUMID: _ Moisture content sufficient to
cause bodily discomfort
NOISE: _ Sufficient to require hearing
VIBRATION: _ Sufficient to cause repeated
motion or continuous shock
HAZARDS: _ Risk of bodily injury present
FUMES: _ Smoke or vapors resulting from
combustion or chemical reaction
ODORS: _ Toxic or non-toxic smells
TOXIC CONDITIONS: _ Exposure to disabling fumes,
dusts, gases, vapors, mists or
liquids that may cause bodily
DUST: _ Small particles that may cause
POOR VENTILATION: _ Exposure to drafts or insufficient
movement of air
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Online or Email
Base Pay: DOE