Employer: Alaskan Copper & Brass Company
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our MRO team.
This is an entry level position that will require you to be motivated and
possess a desire to learn. Manufacturing, Job Shop or Metals experience a
plus, but not required. We will train the right candidate.
We will be accepting applications for this job opening between the opening date and the
closing date only from individuals who meet all of the requirements. If you meet these
requirements, you are invited to complete an application form by visiting
www.alaskancopper.com or the above office.
Date Opened: June 4, 2021
Closing Date: June 25, 2021
Job Title: MRO Administrative Assistant
Pay Rate: DOE
Hours of Work: Day shift 7:00 am to 3:45 pm
Location: 628 South Hanford Street, Seattle, Wa
Will receive requisitions for maintenance, repair and operations items
used in metal goods manufacturing. Will assist in sourcing, pricing and
negotiating with vendors for the most advantageous package.
Requirements To Be Considered For Position:
1. Application must be filled out completely.
2. Pass a Pre-employment drug screen.
3. Meet all of the Required Essential Job Skills/Experience.
Required Essential skills:
1. Computer skills in a Windows environment, including a working
knowledge Microsoft Office.
2. Exceptional customer service, time management, communication and
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects, simultaneously.
4. Ability to combine information from multiple sources into one
document thoroughly and concisely.Mro Buyer
June 21, 2021
5. Analytic/critical thinking abilities; superior attention to detail.
6. Ability to fact check/validate information provided before completing
7. Ability to prioritize tasks; with speed and ability to remain
flexible to changing priorities.
1. Order materials from approved suppliers.
2. Issues purchase orders to suppliers.
3. Reviews invoices and sales orders for accuracy.
4. Maintains contact with vendors and contractors to coordinate material
orders and deliveries.
5. Administers proper distribution and tracking of materials.
6. Works with vendors to meet project deadlines and fulfill
7. Send out RFQ’s to Vendors based on the factory RFQ’s
Desirable Job Skills/Experience:
1. 1-2 years experience in purchasing.
2. Associates Degree in the related field or equivalent.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft office.
Non-essential Job Functions:
1. Distribution of purchased items to various departments; physical
inventory of supplies.
1. This position requires the following in an 8-hour workday:
Total At One Time (Hours) Total During Entire 8-Hour Day
Standing: 15 minutes 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours
Walking: 10 minutes 30 minutes
Sitting: 2 hours 5 1/2 hours
2. Movement of objects and strength required for this job:
Up to 5 lbs: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) FREQUENTLY (34-66%)
6-10 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
11-20 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
21-25 lbs.: NEVER NEVER
26-50 lbs.: NEVER NEVER
51-100 lbs.: NEVER NEVER
3. Required repetitive use of hands:
Simply Grasping: YESMro Buyer
June 21, 2021
3.Pushing & Pulling: NO
Fine Manipulating: YES
4. Repetitive Actions/Movements Involving the Feet:
Right Foot: NO
Left Foot: NO
5. Worker Positions Required in the Performance of this Job:
Climbing: OCCASIONALLY ( 1-33%) Balancing: NEVER
Bending: OCCASIONALLY ( 1-33%) Stooping: OCCASIONALLY (1-34%)
Kneeling: NEVER Crouching: OCCASIONALLY (1-34%)
Crawling: NEVER Reaching: FREQUENTLY (34-66%)
6. Sensory Requirements:
Talking and/or Hearing: YES
Seeing: Acuity: YES
Depth Perception: YES
Field of Vision: YES
Color Vision: NO
7. Environmental Conditions That Are Found in the Work Site:
PHYSICAL SURROUNDINGS: X Inside (75% of time)
_ Outside (75% of time)
_ Both (equal amounts)
TEMPERATURE: _ Cold (enough to cause bodily
_ Hot (enough to cause bodily
_ Variations (sufficient to cause
WET: _ Contact with water and/or other
HUMID: _ Moisture content sufficient to
cause bodily discomfort
NOISE: _ Sufficient to require hearing
VIBRATION: _ Sufficient to cause repeated
motion or continuous shockMro Buyer
June 21, 2021
HAZARDS: _ Risk of bodily injury present
FUMES: _ Smoke or vapors resulting from
combustion or chemical reaction
ODORS: _ Toxic or non-toxic smells
TOXIC CONDITIONS: _ Exposure to disabling fumes,
dusts, gases, vapors, mists or
liquids that may cause bodily
DUST: _ Small particles that may cause
POOR VENTILATION: _ Exposure to drafts or insufficient
movement of air
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online or Email
Base Pay: DOE