Junior Instrument Calibration Technician with 0 - 4 years’ experience in related field
Senior Instrument Calibration Technician with 5+ years’ experience in related field
Conduct the calibration, repair, diagnostics and modification of industrial process control instrumentation. Assist with engineering and evaluation of new instrumentation and process control systems. Prepare and organize technical documentation and operational procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities typical duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform calibrations and scheduled preventive maintenance on analytical and other laboratory instruments.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair, install and modify process control instruments or systems for manufacturing applications.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair, install and modify electronic, electromechanical, and pneumatic control devices for utility systems which support the manufacturing facilities.
- Assist with control systems start-up and validation.
- Write calibration and equipment service reports.
- Write calibration and preventive maintenance Standard Operating Procedures.
- Test control systems and assist in validation of new and existing manufacturing facilities.
- Collect and organize technical data from equipment manufacturers, equipment users and engineering personnel.
Interact with Manufacturing, Laboratory, and Maintenance, Metrology and Engineering staff members as well as other internal/external customers.
- Review and confirm completion of work orders in CMMS.
- All employees with jobs that require access to the Warehouse must be able to pass the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security - Threat Assessment (STA).
- Follows established safety and environmental guidelines and procedures for all work performed. Immediately reports safety and environmental incidents including injuries, illnesses, near misses, and safety suggestions. Fosters a positive safety culture in which no one gets hurt.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Prompt, consistent and orderly work habits.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents and to produce shop schematics.
- Ability to work independently on routine work responsibilities.
- Ability to interact well with others in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the fundamental operating principles of industrial process Instrumentation and systems.
- Familiar with PID control theories and techniques.
- Familiar with relay ladder logic and programmable controllers.
- Ability to use Building Management Control System (BMCS) and Manufacturing Control System (MCS)
- Available to work overtime when necessary and work varying shifts, including an On-Call program.
- General knowledge of shop tool operation and safety.
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Safety Considerations:
- Schedule may include a non-rotating 4-day (10 hour shift), one weekend day, evening or night hours, or full off-shift hours.
- Expected to be on feet for 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Climb upwards of 6 flights of stairs a day to maneuver within the manufacturing facility.
- Climb heights up to 30 feet by ladder.
- Operate various lifts to 30 feet.
- Lift up to 60 lbs. may be required.
- Environment requires that gowning in the form of hospital scrubs, bunny suits, gloves and steel toe boots be worn. Also, no make-up or jewelry can be worn when working in the clean room environment.
- Work in clean room environment with large mechanical equipment, piping, and pumps connecting to tanks serviced by high-pressure steam, water and air together this creates a loud environment
- Work with hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Wear air purifying respirator and wear necessary hearing protection.
- Crawl, kneel and stoop and work in small work spaces.
Education and/or Experience
- Completion of an Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics (2-year) curriculum at a technical school, Military PME training or an AA/AS Degree in a related science or engineering major plus relevant on-the-job training.
- 1-2 years in manufacturing process instrumentation and control and/or analytical instrumentation or a closely related job and minimum 1 years in a cGMP environment.
JLL Privacy Notice:
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Application Method: Apply online and search “REQ146189” https://www.us.jll.com/en/careers
Base Pay: DOQ