Environmental Programs Secretary Senior
Salary: $33,588.00 - $44,412.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 21DOT-OR-30893
Closing: 6/24/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking an administrative professional who has exceptional organizational and communication skills to help support the Olympic Region Environmental & Hydraulic Services Office located in Lacey, WA. This professional will support a multi-disciplinary team by providing extensive administrative and secretarial support to the Environmental Program Manager, the Landscape Architect, unit supervisors, and staff members of the OR Environmental office. Administrative tasks go beyond meeting office staff needs; the successful candidate must be friendly, approachable, professional, and proactive at meeting customer expectations and administrative deadlines. In light of this, an individual with initiative, an aptitude for process improvement, streamlined organization, excellent problem-solving skills, and enthusiasm for environmental issues is geared to thrive in this position.
What to Expect -
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Secretary Senior will:
- Manage and process office payroll and leave requests/records.
- Establish office procedures, standards, priorities and deadlines related to timekeeping and leave tracking.
- Produce various documents including memos, minutes, reports, forms, and notifications utilizing office software, and equipment.
- Proofread, compile and format documents produced by the department staff.
- Provide customer support the department staff, including managing incoming phone calls, and assisting visitors.
- Audit and input daily labor timesheets into the labor system. This may also include analyzing and reconciling errors on the timesheets.
- Independently process credit card reconciliation, payment vouchers, and travel reimbursements and maintain expense reports.
- Schedule meetings, conferences, and manage travel plans for managers and staff members.
- Maintain inventory records and order office supplies and equipment.
- To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Two years of professional administrative office experience that includes office support, supporting staff with payroll, correspondence, proofreading, responding to customer inquiries and processing payments.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong computer and typing skills; with the ability to type at least 40 wpm.
- Proven ability to operate desktop computer, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage, and perform multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to proofread correspondence and technical documents.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of agency financial systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of agency time reporting and leave systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of agency clerical standards, policies, and procedures.
- Commitment to agency safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- A valid WA State driver's license to legally operate a motor vehicle.
This position is schedule to work Monday – Friday; 8am to 4:30pm
- Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle. Employees in this position enjoy a standard daytime schedule, working Monday-Friday only, with weekends off.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
- Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply:
- Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies.
- This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included, and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Robyn Lovely at LovelyR@wsdot.wa.gov. Please be sure to reference 21DOT-OR-30893 in the subject line.
Location: Lacey, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3122602/environmental-programs-secretary-senior
Base Pay: $33,588 - $44,412 YR