Fiscal Specialist Supervisor
Salary: $43,392.00 - $58,260.00 Annually
Location: Yakima County - Union Gap, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 21DOT-SCR-50277
Closing: 6/29/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking a Fiscal Specialist Supervisor in Union Gap, WA to carry out clerical, supervisory and administrative responsibilities in support of the South Central Regionwide Crews. In this role, you will be a resource to the office, and be a point of contact with the public, internal customers, and management. This professional will be responsible for overseeing the administrative support staff and providing a high-level administrative and fiscal support. You and your staff will provide administrative support to crews responsible for electrical, bridge maintenance, sign installation, striping, and custodial work. The successful candidate will have exceptional leadership skills, a positive attitude, and a strong attention for detail.
What to Expect
The Fiscal Specialist Supervisor will supervise office support staff and implement complex administrative duties; as well as coordinate work methods, flow, and functions for the Regionwide Crews.
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, you will:
- Supervise office support staff, develop, and implement administrative procedures, work methods, and workflow deadlines within South Central Region Special Crews.
- Maintain compliance with current WSDOT rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Review employee data entry in DOTtime payroll program, review for coding accuracy, leave, shift differentials, overtime, callback, review amended timesheets, and assist all questions and concerns from employees and supervisors on DOTtime program.
- Work with supervisors on crew scheduling, schedule changes, adjustments, and holiday schedules.
- Ensure WFSE Union Contract, Merit System rules, Payroll rules, HR rules, and WAC’s are being applied correctly.
- Coordinate internal deadlines and schedules with maintenance supervisors and leads during peak workloads to meet payroll deadlines.
- Work with HR and HQ Payroll to resolve employee and DOTtime errors and issues.
- Review payroll reports, journals, and pay calculations with HQ reports for accuracy.
- Supervise and assist with voucher payment processing, reimbursements, and supply order processing.
- Assist supervisors and employees with understanding and completing paperwork, training, and reports.
- Assist supervisors with hiring, training, and other various paperwork, including employee reimbursements.
- Provide excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in office procedures including experience leading others.
- Knowledge of fiscal, bookkeeping, and audit procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and use of office machines (computers, fax machine, scanning, printing, and copying).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with the ability to communicate with various staff by phone, email, or other written correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service.
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, this has flexibility for telework. Once the restrictions are lifted, WSDOT supports a flexible work schedule and partial telework opportunities, depending on business needs and supervisor approval.
Why WSDOT :
- Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn up to 25 paid vacation days per year!
- Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply:
- Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications, and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. - This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in, or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.USCIS.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Rachel Giese at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference 21DOT-SCR-50277 in the subject line.
Location: Union Gap, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3119894/fiscal-specialist-supervisor
Base Pay: $43,392 - $58,260 YR