Employer: Packaging Corporation of America
s a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking resumes for a Tech Systems Paper (2 Openings) in our Wallula, WA Mill facility.
Description of role:
The Control System Technician works with mill operations, engineering and maintenance groups to deliver engineering solutions for process and automation projects. As part of those solutions, they design and procure control panels and equipment, develop instrument specifications and engineering documentation, and configure software deliverables for
- Works with mill operations and corporate engineering on process optimization; including analysis of particular problems, audits, control strategy and process enhancements, and efforts to reduce process variability and costs.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting of complex process control and system integration issues.
- Participates in assigned engineering projects that involve the installation or modification of process control systems.
- Ensures that any system upgrades performed in the existing process control systems are completed as designed, and that quality meets or exceeds PCA standards.
- Provides training for operators and instrumentation and electrical personnel on any new control systems or modifications.
- A minimum of 5 years of continuous experience in the electrical, instrumentation or process control field is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- B.S. degree in Engineering (Electrical), certificate from technical or vocational school focused on control theory and application, or 5+ years of experience in project based systems integration role is preferred.
- The successful candidate must possess the following Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Programmable Logic Controllers (Allen Bradley), computers, industrial control programs and interfacing between controllers and programming systems (Ethernet/IP, Modbus, ControlNet).
- Experienced with control and integration of low and medium voltage VFDs and motor control theory.
- Understands piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs), wiring diagrams, panel drawings, one-line drawings, loop sheets, databases and vendor manuals. Interpret and utilize appropriate ISA standards and practices. Ability to develop complex engineering documentation as part of project packages.
- Ability to work independently at times with limited supervision, while maintaining site standards and following best practices
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to work with multiple teams, demonstrated leadership skills and the proven ability to lead effective teams, while under tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills required including AutoCad, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Contact Person: Shane Caffrey
Location: Wallula, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ