Employer: Ziply Fiber
The primary job responsibilities of the Sales & Services Technician are to engage and develop customer relationships and provide solutions to our customers through our products and services. All our employees are ambassadors of Ziply Fiber within our communities.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Install and maintain inside wire for residential/business broadband (HSI/Video) service.
- Install Central Office and B-box junctions as required for broadband continuity, digital subscriber carriers and associated broadband equipment, such as DSLAMS (Digital subscriber line access multiplexer), Residential Gateways and HSI (High-Speed Interface) business class routers.
- Install an array of wireless home networking equipment. Other equipment will include FTTH (Fiber to the House).
- Use and understand automated Dispatch equipment (i.e. handheld terminals), read and understand broadband service orders and trouble tickets, and the use of appropriate broadband test equipment.
- Participate in the company lead generation program through the promotion and sale of additional Ziply Fiber products and services during each customer contact.
- Communicate effectively and accurately on customer issues to eliminate repeat trouble calls.
- Mentor co-workers to expand knowledge, be self-motivated and display the ability to follow through on assignments in a timely manner.
- Effectively use preventive maintenance program by rebuilding aerial/buried/underground cables.
- Read and interpret Outside Plant drawings.
- Navigate web, set up Business/Residential computer(s) and demonstrate applications to customer.
- Effectively use Ziply Fiber’s internal programs and dispatch program to complete assignments.
- Support, install, and repair company products and services.
- Fully understand and adhere to the 5-Step Peace of Mind Service Process.
- Responsible for promoting and selling the company’s products and services and participate in the company’s sales referral programs during their working hours.
- Understand and demonstrate basic telephone/broadband technology. Utilize test equipment to install products and isolate trouble effectively.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five (5) years of experience in telecommunications installation and maintenance is highly desired but not required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Must complete Pole Climbing Certification (Individual cannot exceed 275 lbs.).
- Must complete company provided training and provide ability to complete full installs for HSI and/or video.
- Additional equipment certification/licensing/experience is a plus but not required (i.e., Nortel, DMS10, Adtran, AFC/Tellabs, Calix, Go Digital, Acetelis, Pair Gain, Multiplexers, Seiscor/Pulsecom S24DU/COT, Fiber, Optics, etc.).
- Understanding of telephony knowledge is highly desired.
- Understand different PC operating support systems.
- Must have knowledge of the following Internet Protocol attributes:
- Current technologies
- Network troubleshooting diagnosis
- Telecommunications wiring color-code competency is highly desired but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work nights and weekends if applicable.
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations and demonstrate good judgment.
- Basic keyboard and software skills.
- Simple and complex mathematic skills.
- Active listening, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain strong communication with customers and different personalities.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and through written communication
- Ability to read and understand road maps, discern street signs and address numbers.
- Ability to be unaffected by flashing lights and strobes.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Ability to operate equipment to perform the essentials functions of the job (i.e. handheld terminals, splicing tools, test equipment, computer/laptop, phone, and company vehicle.)
- Ability to drive on behalf of the company in a safe and responsible manner.
Contact Person: Devin Monson
Location: Chelan, WA
Application Method: Please send Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: DOQ