O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. We are looking for a Maintenance Journeyman to join our amazing team here in Kalama!
Schedule: Rotating 12 hour shifts
The Shift Maintenance Journeyman oversees all of the electrical, pneumatic and mechanical equipment and associated systems for the facility, grounds, and production equipment. With a focus on PLC troubleshooting, Palletizing and Bottle Inspection equipment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES other duties as assigned…
1. Performs installations, maintenance, and repairs to a variety of electro-mechanical equipment which includes: batch house systems, forming machines, fans, air compressors, vacuum pumps, air conditioning systems, conveying, packaging (Palletizer, Strapper, Inspections) and warehouse.
2. Ensures the proper functioning of the piping systems; air, heating, water, and drainage, electrical distribution, communication systems and the fire alarm system.
• Complies with all Safety Programs required by O-I Kalama.
• Performs routine, preventive, and emergency repairs, under any circumstance or environment, in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
• Makes sound decisions during routine and emergency situations.
• Performs precision equipment installations using the appropriate measuring devices.
• Calibrates and sets-up measuring, palletizer and inspection equipment throughout the plant.
• Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing, any technical issues related to the pursuance of assigned tasks; written logs, work requests, and maintenance pass-down information.
• Demonstrates skill with the tools of the trade to include testing and measuring equipment, rigging, and all applicable safety equipment.
• Provides standard hand tools to adequately perform assigned tasks.
• Be able to troubleshoot machine PLC and Drive systems
• Displays the willingness and ability to acquire a Washington Electrical License; the length of time to obtain license will be determined by how many documented hours are filed with the appropriate Washington State Licensing Board.
• Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
• Respectfully takes direction from Manager.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; at least five years experience as a mechanical journeyman or equivalent combination of education and experience; PLC programming and troubleshooting experience and electrical and/or electronics training are strongly preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, schematics and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Is computer literate. Can log on to a computer system, navigate in windows, perform tasks within applications and enter information into a database. Be able to interface within the plant systems (Inspection and palletizer)
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A Washington State Electrical License is preferred for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions; extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Contact Person: Eliza Fausto
Location: Kalama, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOE