Employer: Graham Packaging
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a(n) MECHANIC TECHNICIAN based in SELAH, WASHINGTON. This is a 24-hour facility and the shift will be determined following complete of training and business need.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for installation and repair of equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Technician will perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all production equipment and building. The primary duties of a Maintenance Technician include:
• Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
• Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
• Focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels and adjust the manufacturing processes to ensure product integrity.
• Maintain controls for assuring successful plant performance to budgeted goals.
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during operation and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Perform simple machinist skills.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Assist and train production employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery
• Limited travel may be required
Two year Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field is preferred. A minimum of five years Industrial Maintenance Technician experience is preferred.
Maintenance Technicians are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
• Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
• Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
• Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
• Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
$500 Sign On Bonus
From day one we offer medical/dental/vision insurance and 401K with a 6% company match. Other
benefits include: paid vacation, a great referral program, raises and opportunity for growth.
To Apply visit our site at: www.Grahampackaging.com/careers
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contact Person: Carla Brown
Location: Selah, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ