Employer: Borton & Sons, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: Mechanic - Truck and Farm Equipment
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager/Service Shop Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Truck Shop Mechanic maintains diesel, gasoline, and propane related equipment by completing inspections and preventative maintenance; problem-solves and corrects vehicle deficiencies, makes adjustments and alignments, and keeps associated records. Position will work with vehicles including semis, semi-trailers, light vehicles, forklifts, tractors, and other farm equipment.
The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. Borton & Sons, Inc. may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.
• Determines vehicle condition by communicating with drivers, conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing all aspects of vehicle.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Works in a safe manner, wearing protective equipment as necessary.
• Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
• General knowledge of automotive, machines and tools, including repair and maintenance.
• Ability to physically perform the rigorous physical requirement of job.
• Reasoning ability to problem solve as necessary
• Work independently in the absence of direct supervision and efficiently carry out assignments.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to understand and communicate both oral and written English. English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
• Ability to be flexible in schedule, including necessary overtime and weekend work schedule.
• Ability to work in varied warehouse/manufacturing environments, including exposure to weather elements.
• Ability to communicate via written, verbal, face-to-face, telephone and computer methods.
• Must have and provide own hand tools.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Prior diesel mechanic experience and/or training preferred.
• Must have Washington State Driver’s License.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires frequent periods of sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, grasping, reaching, pulling/pushing objects, lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, and performing repetitive movements.
Borton & Sons, Inc. is a 12‐month, two‐shift facility which can require occasional and seasonal overtime and added stress at times.
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitations.
Borton & Sons, Inc. is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Contact Person: John King
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ