Employer: Legacy Fruit Packers
Full Job Description
Purpose: To improve people’s lives
Vision: To grow and deliver the highest quality fruit and create value for our customers, employees, and growers.
Mission: The Sage family is admired for being the industry leader. We are passionate about creating value and improving people’s lives.
Role Summary: This job is responsible for maintenance and operations of the refrigeration units throughout the facility. Additional job requirements include but not limited to the following…
Values: Demonstrates behaviors which contribute to the growth and achievement of Legacy’s mission:
· Integrity: We do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
· Respect: We practice the “Golden Rule”.
· Teamwork: We work together to achieve common goals – no barriers.
· Excellence: We continuously look for was to creatively improve.
· Accountability: We are personally responsible for delivering desired results.
· Passion: We earnestly care about outcomes and perceptions of others.
· Minimize down time and help maximize all functions of refrigeration units
· Complete all tasks correctly and on time
· Maintain & manage applicable records, cleaning and maintenance programs, temperature and chemical levels
· Must be available for flexible hours, overtime and weekends
Education & Experience:
· 1-3 years’ experience/training in commercial refrigeration and mechanics
· Education in handling and emergency response to anhydrous ammonia
· Knowledge with fruit industry equipment and supervisory duties
· Drug test & background check required
Certificates & Licenses:
· Driver’s License
· Emergency response training to anhydrous ammonia
· First aid card
· Knowledge of various CA (Ammonia, Freon) test equipment
· Knowledge & ability to use various mechanic tools & Refrigeration software
· Ability to frequently perform various activities that require; sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pulling/pushing objects, climbing, grasp & reach
· Ability to speak clearly & communicate with others.
· Must have good vision, smell and hearing
· Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements
· Ability to occasionally lift more than 50 lbs. from floor/ shoulder level
Mental/Other Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation
· Ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete projects with resourcefulness; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data
· Ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary
· Ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations
· Ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions
· Ability to identify and/or prevent problems; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature
· Ability to complete duties, on time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
· Intermediate ability in English to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
· Basic mathematical ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
· High reasoning ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Workplace Environmental Conditions:
· Ability to tolerate potential harsh weather conditions for short or long periods of time
· Exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at a level sufficient to potentially cause hearing loss or fatigue
· Injury exposure to workplace hazards, warehousing machinery
· Regularly exposed to wet and dirty conditions outside and in warehouse environment
“Legacy Fruit provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will.”
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver's License (Preferred)
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q&l=yakima%2C%20wa&sort=date&fromage=last&start=10&vjk=dc2fd80dd49015e0
Base Pay: DOQ