Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Groundskeeper - Temporary
Main Campus - Yakima, WA
GROUNDSKEEPER - TEMPORARY
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, a Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining an aesthetically-pleasing and functional outdoor space. Their duties include planting flowers and shrubbery, pruning, mowing lawns, edging, cleaning up debris, leaf blowing, sweeping sidewalks, window washing, and application of herbicides and pesticides. Setup and teardown events, assemble furniture, and assist with other maintenance duties as assigned.
Duties are performed on campus and off-site as needed. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must. Working conditions are as follows:
Working indoors and outdoors is required. When working outdoors, may be subject to inclement weather. The work may be strenuous at times and may include lifting heavy objects, and standing, stooping, and kneeling for long periods. Risks include injury from falls, burns, cuts, and exposure to inclement weather. Workers must follow strict safety procedures to avoid injuries.
This is a nonexempt, temporary position. Anticipated schedule is 40 hours, Monday through Thursday. Schedule may vary depending on department needs. Overtime may be required as necessary.
WAGE RANGE: DOE
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Experience with grounds keeping, plant care, and lawn maintenance.
- Documented experience with Microsoft Outlook and Word and computerized database programs.
- Pesticide license and forklift operator license.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow oral and or written instructions and carryout assigned tasks.
- Communicate and interact effectively with employees, students, vendors, and visitors.
- Follow operating procedures and work standards to ensure safety in all aspects of grounds keeping duties.
- Perform all aspects of grounds maintenance including the application of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers pruning, trimming, mowing, edging, picking up yard waste and debris, and pulling weeds.
- Operate and maintain a wide variety of manual and power tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintain facilities, grounds, shop, and storage sites in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assemble, disassemble, repair, move, and install a variety of furnishings.
- Load, unload, and deliver shipments using a pallet jack, hand truck, and forklift.
- Perform event set-up and clean-up.
- Secure facilities, equipment, and property as required.
- Respond to maintenance requests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The work requires regular, recurring and prolonged physical exertion such as standing or walking for prolonged periods of time; frequent bending, reaching, stooping, crouching, crawling, and stretching is necessary. The employee must exert 10-20 pounds of force constantly to move objects and must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Requires frequent repetitive hand/wrist motions and finger manipulation.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=26521&clientkey=82B497C78D856557AF696B0975762145
Base Pay: DOQ