Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Main Campus - Yakima, WA
Salary Range: $16.00 - $17.00 Hourly
This is a full-time, year-round position in the Admissions Department. This position will report to the Associate Director of Career Services and Admissions.
The Receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, screening and directing calls, greeting incoming customers, screening employees, students, and visitors for potential COVID-19 symptoms and exposures, as well as additional clerical duties. The Receptionist will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
Duties are performed in a business office environment. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must. Occasional lifting of items up to 25 lbs. may be required.
This is a non-exempt, full-time, regular position. Overtime may be required.
WAGE RANGE: $16.00 - $17.00 PER HOUR
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, vacation, 11 paid holidays, 4-day work weeks and more.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Documented experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Documented experience operating office equipment such as: computer, tablet, multi-line phone system, printer, and copy machine.
- Must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Related receptionist experience.
- Phone attendant software experience.
- Telephone skills and etiquette.
- Organizational skills, assertiveness, and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Listening and customer service skills.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with technical or vocational training programs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred, as well as experience with culturally and economically diverse populations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as primary contact with public.
- Screen incoming employees, students, and visitors for potential COVID-19 symptoms and exposures following established protocols:
- Setup, stock, and tear down screening area daily.
- Review screening questions with each incoming individual.
- Operate no-touch thermometer and accurately record data.
- Issue screening stickers and ID badges as required.
- Ensure the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Follow safe practices, wear required PPE, and practice good hand hygiene.
- Update, print, and scan logs weekly.
- Monitor traffic flow, physical distancing, and adherence to safety protocols.
- Greet and direct visitors, following facility visitor and safety procedures.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and manage phone attendant computer software system.
- Process information requests received by phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Supports the Admissions Department regarding departmental services and procedures by following the established process:
- Answer questions and provide general information regarding the programs offered by Perry Technical Institute.
- Take and/or return inquiry phone calls.
- Follow up with candidates and respond to inquiries.
- Enter new inquiry contact information.
- Update logs of candidate status.
- Schedule individual tours.
- Conduct reminder calls for tours.
- Provide individual and group tour notifications.
- Handle cancellations and follow up with no-shows.
- Maintain and organize department’s inventory.
- Assist the with campus events (open house, luncheons, tours, meetings, graduation, and other events on campus as assigned).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=26893&clientkey=82B497C78D856557AF696B0975762145
Base Pay: $16 - $17 HR