Transportation Systems Technician C
Salary: $65,928.00 - $80,292.00 Annually
Location: Chelan County – Wenatchee, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 21DOT-NCR-24641
Closing: 6/28/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking a Transportation Systems Technician C in Wenatchee, WA. This position supports the organizations mission by valuing Safety, Engagement, Innovation, Leadership and Sustainability. This position ensures proper maintenance and operation of mechanical and electrical systems along with other crucial building systems that are part of the state highway system within the region are kept in good working order for our customers. Facilities maintenance and improvements are integral to efficient and effective delivery of our programs.
What to Expect:
This position will perform journey-level electrical and mechanical maintenance, and new construction on buildings and highway features within North Central Region, including the Regional Office Complex containing the region's Traffic Management Center (TMC); Administrative Offices; Consolidated Shops; Area Maintenance Offices and five safety rest areas that are part of the NCR highway system. Other facilities include buildings housing the region's equipment staged throughout the region to respond to roadway conditions, and avalanche support structures. Maintain emergency generators to insure continuous operations of facilities and emergency response. This position will also work with crew members to perform preventive, corrective, emergent maintenance, and new construction.
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, you will:
- Perform installations and maintenance to electrical wires and equipment that are used for light, heat, ventilation, air conditioning, power, remote control, signaling, power, fire control systems, communication circuits or other electrical systems.
- Diagnosis and problem solve electrical/electronic problems in control systems, power, signal underground wiring systems, panels, and electrical distribution systems.
- Work on high voltage systems as defined by the NEC codes.
- Perform all electrical and electronic work pertaining to WSDOT to the codes and standards set by National Electrical Code (NEC) and/or Chapter 296-46 WAC, Chapter 296-401A WAC and Chapter 296-403 WAC.
- Read and interpret plans, sketches, and specifications. Access, troubleshoot and recommend solutions to construction issues regarding electrical issues.
- Estimate labor and materials to perform new construction, alterations, and repair on all components of existing structures, sites, and site appurtenances.
- Inspect, test, and perform preventive maintenance.
- To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Four (4) years' experience in the electrical field (Journey Level) and General Journey level Electrician License (EL01).
- Driver's License.
- Experience reading and interpreting plans and specifications for compliance with established standards.
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair of basic plumbing, and carpentry systems and devices.
- Familiarity with office computer systems, (i.e., email, internet, and basic PC)
- First Aid Certification, (required within 1-year of employment).
- Flagging Certification, (required within 3 Months).
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Experience working in trades such as carpentry; plumbing; welding; HVAC.
- First Aid Certification.
- Flagging Certification Crane certification.
Work-Life Balance – We offer flexible work schedules that allow you time for your life outside of this excellent opportunity.
Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn up to 25 paid vacation days per year!
Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included, and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Sidra Fields, at email@example.com. Please be sure to reference 21DOT-NCR-24641 in the subject line.
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3118096/transportation-systems-technician-c
Base Pay: $65,928 - $80,292 YR