Employer: Pacific Coast Producers
Pacific Coast Producers, one of the nation’s top food production companies, is seeking to fill a Controls Technician position with a highly capable team member. The position is based in a fast-pace, high volume warehousing and production facility in Lodi, CA.
Key responsibilities include:
• Install, adjust, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul controls systems, instruments, and related equipment.
• Recognize and correct potential controls system failures.
• Test, time, and calibrate pneumatic and electromechanical components, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), Human Machine Interface (HMI) hardware and software, printers, level and temperature devices, control valves, chart recorders and similar components, and other devices or technology for efficient performance.
• Read blueprints, charts, sketches, and operating instructions and proceed accordingly.
• Keep maintenance records on controls systems and/or equipment.
• Obtain and maintain an adequate supply of applicable repair parts.
• Responsible for work and layout, requisitioning necessary equipment.
• Conduct load calculations to determine: Wire size, conduit size, transformer size and power supply size
• Basic circuit installations to include: layout conduit, bend conduit, pull wore, land wiring, test and finalize circuit installation
• Conduct electrical system testing utilizing electrical circuit instrumentation: i.e. multi-meter, amp probe, oscilloscope, etc.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Reliable and able to maintain excellent attendance.
• Significant (5+ years) relevant industrial experience.
• Committed to safety and food safety, including use of appropriate PPE.
• Proficient English communication skills.
• Must possess and use personal hand tools.
• Demonstrable experience leading control system installations and upgrades, as well as designing and building control and electrical panels,
• Skilled with creating and understanding applicable diagrams, drawings, and schematics.
• Strong knowledge of PLC, HMI, and associate software suites, e.g. Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Automation Direct, etc.
• Server configuration, development, and administration experience for control data manipulation: e.g. SQL, Java, HTML; along with networking and domain structure administration skills.
• Familiar with NEC and UL Standards, electrical abbreviations, symbols.
• Able to install, program, and troubleshoot VFDs.
• Background in solid state circuitry and devices, high voltage D.C. rectifiers and control circuits.
• Basic hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge and experience.
• AutoCAD experience for creating electrical drawings.
Pacific Coast Producers offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants including
females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
Location: Lodi, CA
Application Method: Online: www.pacificcoastproducers.com/careers
Base Pay: DOQ