Facilities Instrumentation & Controls Technician, Gigafactory Nevada
Job Category: Construction & Facilities
Location :Sparks, Nevada
Req. ID: 81384
Job Type: Full-time
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
· Maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, and installs electrical equipment and systems at the TESLA- Gigafactory facility utilizing technical, interpersonal and critical thinking skills. Working as a team with the entire Facilities Operations/Maintenance department, performing general maintenance duties, preventive maintenance, trouble calls, and emergency maintenance as needed and assigned.
· Calibrating and repairing instruments and associated equipment
· Working with electronic control systems including microprocessors, sensors, and final control elements used in automated processes
· Supporting controls group in troubleshooting upgrading and new installation of systems.
· Measuring levels, pressures, temperatures, flow, and analytical processes Testing instrumentation and control systems and maintaining test equipment
· Consulting manuals, reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
· Repairing and adjusting system components or removing and replacing defective parts
· Installing control and measurement instruments on existing or new plant equipment
· Work on projects throughout the entire facility, connecting devices and using lifts and ladders. Continues to perform equipment repairs and similar duties that require no oversight or direction. Uses complex electrical schematics and blueprints to troubleshoot and correct problems.
· Displays positive attitudes and practices good work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy, and goals of the company.
· Provides excellent customer service.
· Complete tasks in a timely manner and provide feedback.
· Complete other tasks as required.
· High School diploma or GED along with a preferred Technical Degree in Electrical/Electronics or Instrumentation.
· Knowledge in using hand tools, electrical meter, and testing equipment.
· Ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, loop drawings, and P&ID drawings
· Strong knowledge in troubleshooting of motor controls, drives, and electronic components
· Ability to interpret electrical prints and schematics
· Ability to work in high elevation up to 80 ft.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with all levels of management; must have high degree of initiative, and the ability to work alone and effectively with other people
· Good understanding of VFD’s and PLC’s
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program:
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).
Location: Sparks, NV
Application Method: Online: https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/facilities-instrumentationcontrolstechniciangigafactorynevada-81384?source=Indeed?source=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ