Employer: Lynden LTI, Inc
Seeking Local Drivers - Home Daily, Recent Increase in Compensation, Growth Opportunities, Stellar Benefits and an Exceptional Retirement Plan; Hourly Wage – STARTING FROM $22.15 to $24.50/hour (DOE) AND Wage Increase Incentives!
LTI, Inc. (LTII) specializes in the transport of liquid- and dry-bulk commodities throughout the Pacific Northwest. For over 70 years, we have proudly served our customers transportation requirements by consistently offering the highest levels of service, operating safely and efficiently as well as fully supporting the efforts and needs of our drivers.
A class A CDL with a tanker and doubles endorsements are a prerequisite for employment.
- Our Local Drivers in Sunnyside are HOME DAILY, and are paid hourly for ALL on-duty work time, from when they arrive to work until they leave.
$21.15/hour - $22.33/hour training rate, $23.50/hour base after completion of training, all rates subject to 1.5 x OT rate for any work time over 40 hours in one week.
- $1.00/hour driver incentive, also subject to OT.
- Hourly paid safe driving bonus, subject to OT. For every year of documented safe driving you have on your record or accrue with us, we will increase your base pay.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Vacation.
- Excellent Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan, etc. with low cost options for full family coverage.
- Incredible career advancement opportunity. More than 75% of our management team began their career as a company driver.
- Additional career opportunities within the Lynden Family of companies, unmatched in the transportation industry.
We are looking forward to hearing from you and discussing your career with LTI, Inc. and the Lynden family of companies. To learn more and apply online, visit the link below:
Or, Email a Resume to LTIIHR@lynden.com
Or, call and speak to a representative today 800/327-6255
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Follows all company safety protocol and regulations at all times.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Follows detailed company protocols on pickup and delivery of product.
- Follows all customer and client protocols involved in the pickup and delivery of product.
- Prepares receipts for load picked up and delivered as well as corresponding time sheet.
- Inspects truck, truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil and water, for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- Fuels, lubricates, and completes minor repairs when necessary.
- Maintains truck cleanliness.
- Inspects exterior of equipment for cleanliness and exterior for leaks or damages.
- Maintains driver log according to I.C.C., state and federal regulations.
- Maintains safe telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive pick up and delivery instructions.
- Performs emergency roadside duties such as installing tire chains, changing fuses or light bulbs. Possesses mechanical aptitude necessary to determine plan of action in emergency situations.
- May be required to hook and unhook trailers as well as crank landing gear.
- Steers, moves levers with hands and feet, shifts gears, and presses pedals to drive and control movement of truck and other equipment. Climbs ladder on tank trailers as necessary.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Employee must meet Department of Transportation requirements. Must have a CDL with Class A Air, Doubles, and Tanker endorsements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Education or G.E.D or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years commercial truck driving experience. Knowledge of current customers, requirements and processes is helpful.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals and shipping documents. Ability to speak effectively to customers and/or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to understand detailed written and oral instructions; ability to prioritize and problem solve in time and safety sensitive situations.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Must possess at least valid Class 'A' Commercial Driver's License with tanker and doubles endorsements, have acceptable driving record, and be at least 21 years of age.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear while communicating with customers and co-workers in person or via telephone or radio; the employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers, and arms to steer and operate controls while lifting, transporting, moving, or securing freight and is occasionally required to kneel, stoop, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds; occasionally, the employee might be required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The duties of this position may include the potential for forklift work, as well as tractor driving for the successful candidate possessing a valid Class 'A' CDL.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
Employee is required to wear PPE as outlined in Company’s Industrial Health and Safety Manual Chapter 2.27 PPE Program, which may include hard hat, safety toe shoes/boots, gloves, safety glasses/goggles, hearing protection, respiratory protection and arctic gear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is exposed to outside weather conditions and working around moving machinery.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to moderately loud.
A pre-employment drug test and background check are required.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Online: https://external-lynden.icims.com/jobs/3884/driver---local/job?hub=7&mobile=false&width=910&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420
Base Pay: See above details