Employer: Romac Industries
The Electrical Engineer Maintenance Lead position is the most senior level role in the Maintenance department reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. This role has knowledge of the most complex manufacturing systems and equipment, and can leverage that knowledge to perform troubleshooting and repairs. This role requires specific expertise in complex electrical control systems, CNC machine programming/repair/maintenance, robotic control systems repair/maintenance, and PLCs (programmable logic controllers). Performs maintenance and repairs on all equipment and keeps records using Maximo maintenance software. Works independently on projects of great complexity and may provide direction to an assistant or to less experienced maintenance staff. Interacts with internal and external contacts.
A. Essential Functions:
1. Dedicated to supporting Maintenance Mechanics while working in a safe and customer-focused manner.
2. Design and implement preventative maintenance programs which reduce the risk of equipment failure and maximize productivity.
3. Responsible for the development, implementation, and day to day supervision of maintenance systems, processes and documentation associated with an efficient and high performing manufacturing organization.
4. Instruct and lead a team of Maintenance Mechanics and Electricians in predictive and preventative maintenance.
5. Proffer technical advice and process improvements to the maintenance team to ensure an efficient workforce.
6. Schedule or assign work to Maintenance Mechanics, or other Maintenance shop personnel.
7. Provide long term solutions and day-to-day support to all Production teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, and equipment failures.
8. Develop and maintain key performance indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, 3rd party contractor performance, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness).
9. Ensure equipment and facilities maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and work closely with Production to schedule and accomplish repairs with least impact to the production schedule
10. Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary to ensure availability when repairs are needed.
11. Train Maintenance Mechanics on proper work methods and safety procedures.
12. Conduct risk assessments to identify possible hazards around building facilities or premises.
13. Develop a critical spare parts list.
14. Become proficient a Maximo, leveraging all features while training Maintenance Mechanics on it use.
15. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job, as described in Section E: Working Conditions.
B. Additional Job Responsibilities:
1. Install additional phones and network drops, to include programming of voice-mail and phone switch.
2. Attend meetings or programs required by plant management or regulatory identities.
3. If the Electrical Engineer Maintenance Lead is a member of one of Romac’s environmental safety teams, the role may also include the following:
• Inspect, report, and repair leaking machines
• Absorb spills and deposit absorbents
• Prepare Dangerous Wastes for disposal
• Receive annual spill response training
• Spill response team member
• Passivation room Spiking team member
• DOE/DOT Hazardous Waste training
• Passivation Room Maintenance
• Industrial first aid training
2. 4. Ensure effective communication of equipment status to production leadership.
C. Minimum Qualifications:
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
2. 6+ years of experience in a machine maintenance role (specifically in the area of position specialization) or 6+ year of trade or military school related to mechanical and/or electrical repair
3. Able to cut, weld, and fabricate various metals
4. Able to read blueprints, drawings, schematics and complex instruction sets
5. Excellent interpersonal skills
6. Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical machinery and facilities and provide process improvements.
7. Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment and systems
8. Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to express complex concepts and ideas
9. Able to efficiently perform research in all areas of responsibility
10. Metal fabrication (design, layout, cutting and welding multiple material types)
11. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and all current, major, company computer programs and operating systems, including Maximo
12. Possess sufficient math skills required to complete the scope of work
D. Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Driver’s license
2. Lift truck license
3. Fall Protection Certification
5. CPR and first aid certification
6. Confined space Certification
7. Arc Flash safety training
E. Working Conditions :
Activity None Less than 1/3 1/3 – 2/3 More than 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle or feel X
Reach with hands and arms X
Climb or Balance X
Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl X
Foot Controls X
Talk or Hear X
Taste or Smell X
Environmental Factors None Less than 1/3 1/3 – 2/3 More than 2/3
Noise – loud over 80 db. X
Noise – less than 80 db. X
Lifts weights or exerts force up to: None Less than 1/3 1/3 – 2/3 More than 2/3
10 pounds X
25 pounds X
50 pounds X
100 pounds X
More than 100 pounds X
Carries weights up to: None Less than 1/3 1/3 – 2/3 More than 2/3
10 pounds X
25 pounds X
50 pounds X
100 pounds X
More than 100 pounds X
Type of Vision Description Yes/No
Close Vision Examines components for scratches, defects using magnifier Yes
Distance Vision Reads traffic signs Yes
Color Vision Ability to differentiate colors – identify color coded wires Yes
Peripheral Vision Ability to drive in city traffic Yes
Depth Vision Three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships to see objects where and accurately as they are. Yes
Ability to Adjust Focus Ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus. Required when doing close work at varying distances from the eye. Yes
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Moreover, nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Romac believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
Contact Person: Rachel Duda
Location: Bothell, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $85,000 - $88,000 YR