Employer: Sundown M Ranch
Sundown M Ranch combines the latest technology, skilled staff and an environment of caring and compassion to provide the best possible outcome for our clients. Our team includes:
Position Title: Maintenance Worker Department: Maintenance
Reports To: Facilities Manager Prepared By: Human Resources
Job description updated: 2015 Approved By: _____________________
As a Maintenance Worker, you will assist the Maintenance Supervisor and Facilities Manager in their duties.
The most essential tasks for which you will be responsible include:
1. Maintaining Ranch vehicles, buildings, pumps, and plumbing.
2. Assisting with grounds maintenance.
3. Maintaining heat pumps/air conditioners.
4. Checking septic tank systems for necessary pumping and repairs.
5. Maintaining fences on the property.
6. Maintaining fire alarms and fire stations in ready condition.
7. Providing for garbage collection and disposal.
8. Repairing and maintaining all equipment and repair needs of the facility.
9. Transporting patients when necessary.
10. Completing approved work orders.
11. Training temporary help as needed.
12. If you are being compensated for a specific license, these additional requirements apply:
13. Keeping license or certification CEU requirements current
14. Specific record keeping and reporting
15. Other duties based on license or certification
16. Reporting to management as needed
17. Other duties as determined and assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Facilities Manager
There are no supervisory responsibilities required in this position.
• We prefer that you have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• You must be an experienced maintenance person/mechanic with specific knowledge in electricity, plumbing, and carpentry.
• You must be physically capable of performing heavy work.
• You must hold a valid Washington State driver’s license.
ACCESS TO PROTECTED HEALTH CARE INFORMATION
Will have access to name and presence in the program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups such as management or employees of Sundown M Ranch.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to establish and maintain effective w
orking relationships with staff, patients, and the community. Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of Sundown M Ranch requirements and Board of Directors’ policies.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools and climbs on to ladders. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as a toolbox. Occasionally the employee will lift and/or move up to 90 pounds such as piping and pool valves. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as tables, scaffolds, and air compressors. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors and will occasionally work outdoors. The employee will work near or with moving mechanical equipment. The employee may occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays and non-household dust. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. Frequently the employee will work alone and occasionally will work irregular or extended hours.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Email BonnieBlattner@sundown.org