Employer: Gilbert Orchards
Refrigeration Technician Job Description
Title: Refrigeration Technician
Schedule: Full time, with some weekends included. Hours vary throughout the year.
Supervisor: Charles Dorrell
Maximize the Fruit’s Full Potential
Every piece of fruit has potential value to the grower, the warehouse, and to the end customer. Refrigeration is the first step of the chain once the fruit arrives to the warehouse. In order to maximize this potential and to provide good quality fruit all year round, the Refrigeration Technician must ensure all refrigeration aspects are working properly. Refrigeration maintenance and Control Atmosphere protocols are the key responsibilities for this position.
· Monitor the refrigeration and CA (Control Atmosphere) rooms at one of our facilities.
· Manage FIXX software for refrigeration maintenance. Create work orders as needed and supervise work maintenance schedule
· On a daily basis check on the equipment in our CA rooms and engine rooms. This includes, but not only limited to motors, valves, compressors, condensers, etc.
· Follow up our protocol and daily checklist to maintain safe equipment. Follow the required SOP and work with Refrigeration Manager and Safety Manager to ensure we are in compliance with regulations.
· Be able to set up the established CA protocol. This includes room sealing, temperature, fan speed, monitor oxygen, and CO2 levels, etc.
· Work with equipment and repair/replace parts as needed
· Coordinate with outside contractors for construction or additional maintenance
· Attend necessary trainings, safety meetings and regular inspections.
· Coordinate receiving activities through Inbound QC, room loading, and documentation
Key Skills needed
· High attention to detail
· Able to work with refrigeration tools
· Must be self-motivated and proactive in problem-solving
· Able to read and analyze detailed safety documents and regulations
· Able to implement effective and efficient solutions
· Able to research rules and requirements
· Computer skills needed
Applicant must be:
· Minimum 2 years of experience in the field
· Preferably English/Spanish bilingual
· Preferably Fruit Quality Control knowledge.
· Able to work as a team and independently when necessary.
· Able to sit or stand for long periods of time, as well as climb ladders and walk on uneven terrain.
· Some heavy lifting may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Monday to Friday
HVAC: 2 years (Preferred)
Fruit Quality Control: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver's License (Preferred)
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=hvac%20technician&l=washington%20state&fromage=last&sort=date&vjk=e7f9be6ecb206a04
Base Pay: DOQ