Employer: SDS Lumber Co.
SDS Lumber Company
Starting Rate: $20.80/hr- 27.50/hr
+Swing Shift differential: $1.00/hr
+ Night Shift differential: $1.25/hr
+ On call: $3.00/hr
+ Licenses: $2.00/hr-$3.00/hr
Description: Our Electrical Department is a tight nit bunch that keep our uptime in the mill at optimal levels. Our Electrician position requires some experience as an Industrial/Construction Electrician. Depending on how much experience you have obtained you will be adequately compensated. This is a Swing Shift Only position (2:30pm-11:00pm). There is a differential for swing shift and automatic shift increase for licenses. This position offers on the job training. Our desired candidate lives locally and would be willing to make a career out of working on our swing shift as an electrician. The candidate is committed to their project and willing to be on call for unexpected electrical problems and work overtime and holidays as needed.
Swing Shift: 3:00pm-11:30pm
Location: Bingen, WA
SDS Lumber Company is a fully integrated wood products company located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge. Our family owned business has been in operation for over 70 years. We produce quality wood products including structural lumber and plywood. Our self-sustaining mill is as efficient as they come with our very own divisions in Construction, Electrical, Steam, Maintenance and Marine.
SDS Lumber Company employees share the values of: Hard work, Innovation, Safety and Teamwork to create a positive work environment. We are constantly upgrading and evolving operations to keep our mills current and competitive.
Duties & Responsibilities
• installing, maintaining and repairing electrical systems and high and low voltage electrical power distribution networks;
• splicing and laying cables, erecting poles, stringing wires and installing transformers and distribution panels;
• installing, repairing and maintaining street lighting, fire alarm, public address, inter-office and switchboard systems;
• installing, maintaining and repairing interior wiring for lighting and electrical equipment;
• working with batteries, electric motors, relays, solenoids, and switches;
• operating electrical generators;
• reading and interpreting schematics;
• making estimates of material, labor, and equipment requirements;
• Abiding by employee handbook
• Working overtime and holidays as needed
• Stay working on a job until the job is completed or you are relieved of duty
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What we offer
• Full-time, year-round employment
• Possible advancement opportunities
• Profit sharing and 401(K)
• Benefits include: Health (medical & dental); Life insurance
• Access to Sponsored Medical Clinic (no cost for employee and family).
• Vacation pay & 8-paid holidays
• Employees discounts on our wood products, work apparel and more.
• On the job training
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be able to work in the United States
• Ability to communicate in English
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
• Must be able to work overtime as required
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
A. Lift up to 30 pounds
B. Stand for long periods of time without sitting.
C. Sit, kneel, lay down or crouch for long periods of time.
D. Must be able to follow instructions by listening and observing
E. Must be able to communicate with supervisor and fellow employees
A. The worker is subject to indoor environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. Such as being indoors without heat during the winter or indoors without air conditioning in summer.
B. The worker is subject to outdoor environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather such as wind and precipitation in air or on the ground.
C. The worker is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures below 32 degrees or lower during the shift.
E. The worker is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures up to 100 degrees or more during the shift.
F. The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
G. The worker is subject to vibration. Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
H. The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in high places, exposure to high heat and/or exposure to chemicals.
I. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, saw dust, bark dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
J. The worker is may be in close quarters, crawl spaces, shafts, man holes, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and pipe lines, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
K. The worker is exposed to flashing or flickering lights.
L. The worker may be working at extreme heights from including but not limited to a ladder or man lift.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer!
Contact Person: Nick Reeves
Phone: (503) 720-7465
Location: Bingen, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: 20.80/hr - 27.50/hr