Employer: Columbia Energy
Full Time Panel Builder
Construction and Fabrication · Richland, Washington
Columbia Energy & Environmental Services, Inc. (Columbia Energy) has been in business for over 30 years. We began as an engineering firm in support of nuclear cleanup operations for the U.S. Department of Energy at Hanford in Richland, Washington. We have progressively grown from our origins into a full-service engineering and fabrication company providing cost-effective solutions in the nuclear, defense, energy, and hazardous waste industries.
We are an established, woman-owned small business headquartered in Richland, Washington. We offer full-service engineering, design, fabrication, instrumentation and controls, electrical, database and software engineering, technology development, and geophysics/subsurface imaging. We also have facilities in Tucson, Arizona and Aiken, South Carolina. We are presently licensed to provide engineering within the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and South Carolina.
We are currently looking to hire one full time permanent Panel Builder to join our growing team! We offer competitive wages, great benefits and a positive work environment.
The Panel Builder is responsible for performing panel fabrication and assembly of electrical components per UL guidelines. Builds panels per schematics, as well as written and verbal instructions. Assists in panel testing and final approval per the Electrical department.
· Use of safe work practices with high quality standards and efficiency.
· Mount and wire hardware and associated electrical/electronic components in accordance with applicable code.
· Perform control panel assembly, wiring and connections.
· Use test equipment to check the quality of panels; voltmeter, ammeter and ohmmeter.
· Compare wiring and location of control devices.
· Examine wiring for loose or faulty connections.
· Test wiring circuits for malfunctions and locate root cause
· Read, understand and apply information obtained from blueprint, schematics, manufacturers’ and job specifications.
· Work independently or on a team to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
· Lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse conditions.
· Keep the work environment clean, safe, and orderly. Ensuring all employees work to safe working procedures and practices.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend both verbal communications and written directions including blueprints and specifications.
· Possess good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to work with small parts.
· Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the electrical field.
· Must own and be able to operate basic hand and power tools (tape measure, impact driver, drill, circular saw, etc.).
· Ability to travel when necessary.
· Must pass an employment record, criminal background check and a drug screen (drug and alcohol free workplace).
· Prefer associate degree or technical school completion.
· Two years of related experience and/or training preferred.
· Industrial electrical installation and/or Industrial Automation experiences.
· Completed UL508A standard for safety industrial control panel workshop.
Key Success Attributes:
· Strong attention to detail
· Team Player
· Positive attitude that contributes to a positive work environment
· Highly motivated self-starter with ability to perform well with varying degrees of supervision
· Consistency and Reliability
· Trustworthiness and Ethics
· Meeting Standards
· Generous compensation plan
· Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
· Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
· Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Paid Holidays
· 401K Plan
· Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, and lifting.
· Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools repetitively. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 70lbs.
· Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
· Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
· Will be required to work in hot/cold environments.
Working Conditions while Performing Essential Functions:
This position is performed in a shop/field setting with occasional relocations to projects, Vendors, and Industrial sites. The atmosphere is fast paced and deadline oriented with focus on safety and quality.
Columbia Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal and state law.
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://columbiaenergy.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=83
Base Pay: DOQ