Industrial Electrician (Port Angeles, WA)
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, education and great benefits. Plus, you’ll be working with the industry’s latest technologies in clean, safe and modern mills. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success
What You’ll Do
- Work in compliance with the NEC code and NFPA guidelines
- Maintain and continue development of documentation standards
- Work in conjunction with maintenance and operations staff to maximize machine center performance and improvements.
- Contribute in design and maintenance of automated equipment using:
- Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi VFD and servo drives,
- Delta and Rockwell hydraulic servo setworks controllers
- Rockwell and Wonderware HMI’s
- Ignition SCADA and SQL interface applications
- Porter and USNR PC based optimizer interfaces
- Ethernet, Controlnet, Devicenet and IOLink networks
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical parts and components
- Help develop and conduct preventative and predictive maintenance tasks
- Complete assigned work tasks.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
What You Offer
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Sawmill experience is an asset
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Recognize problems and move to correct immediately
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Willing to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- 5 years of industrial experience working with PLC’s, VFD’s with a strong background in Rockwell
- Twoyear technical degree in electronics or related field preferred
- Experience in 480, 3-phase, single phase and installing electrical systems
- Ability to read and maintain electrical drawings and use electrical test instruments
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply on line using this link.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Contact Person: Peggy Hagaman
Location: Port Angeles, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOR