Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Job Title: Inventory - Forklift
Department: Supply Chain
Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Reports to: Inventory Control Manager
1. High School diploma, GED or equivalent, preferred but not required.
2. Excellent mathematical, communication and computer skills, be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
3. Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
4. Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
5. Written skills are necessary to properly fill out paperwork.
6. Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
7. Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
8 .Minimum of six months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
9. Familiarity with plant equipment operation and SOPs.
10. Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policies and quality policies.
11. Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
12. Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
13. Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
14. Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
15. Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
16. Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
17. Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
18. Preferably bilingual.
19. Food handler’s card preferred but not required.
Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to transport product and organize the inventory within the Finished Goods Warehouses to improve the accuracy of inventory and to streamline the shipment of goods to our customers.
1. Operate the following equipment: •Forklift
• Heat Gun
• Wrapper – 3M
• Barcode scanner
2. Prepare products for transfer and shipping.
3. Receive transfers into the Finished Goods Warehouse, from other locations.
4. Assist with events for the department and the company.
5. Document Daily Process (Pallet of LBS by variety).
6. Ensure the quality of labels and accuracy of carton counts being transferred into FGX’s. Notify the Inventory Coordinator of any issues.
7. Submit the following information to the Inventory Coordinator, including but not limited to: •Physical Cycle Counts
• Transfer Sheets
• Bin to Bin Transfers
8. Confer with the Inventory Coordinator and/or department supervisor and team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
9. Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
10. Meet with the Inventory Coordinator and/or department supervisor and team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
11. Work in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing Principles in the warehouses.
12. Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
13. Follow safety requirements.
14. May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
15. Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
16. Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department, to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
17. Must adhere to all company policies.
18. Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
19. Follow all SOPs in a given area.
20. Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Contact Person: Denisse Gutierrez
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $20 HR