Are you a sales leader? Love agriculture? Experienced building relationships and selling to hard working farmers? Ready to take your sales career to the next level? As an Agri-Service Sales Rep, you’ll have unlimited potential to excel, representing excellent well-known brands including Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Challenger, Hesston, RoGator, TerraGator and several additional lines! Excellent self-starter opportunity backed with strong support. Does all this and our values of safety, integrity, teamwork and challenge interest you? If yes, come join us at Agri-Service!
Agri-Service and its employees are dedicated to the success of agriculture in America. We are your friends, your family, your community and your support system. We continually strive to provide an unparalleled customer experience, investing in our people and our business to successfully serve the caretakers of the land--one farmer, one neighbor, one community at a time.
We’re not your average ag equipment business. Come grow with us!
Territory: Benton & Klickitat Counties (Washington) and Morrow County (Oregon)
Reports to: Store Manager
This position is responsible for selling AGCO Equipment and Agri-Service, as a company, to our entire customer base in our territory. Performs cold calls, enhances and maintains customer contact with owner/principals to sell and influence the initial usage and/or continued usage of AGCO Equipment and the products and services of Agri-Service. This role is to be a trusted consultant to the customer when making equipment-buying decisions.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identifies and calls on all customers and potential customers of AGCO for new, used or traded equipment within the assigned territory.
• Maintains call quantity and quality to assure the development of a positive relationship with each customer.
• Develops and maintains the sales skills necessary to sell a premium priced product.
• Develops and maintains product knowledge on AGCO and Agri-Service products.
• Identifies customers’ needs and develops an effective solution with the use of AGCO Equipment products and Agri-Service services.
• Works hand in hand with other departments within Agri-Service.
• Conducts product presentations to customer groups.
• Embraces integrity, quality and responsiveness to customer needs.
• Ensures product knowledge of AGCO and Agri-Service offerings are up to date.
• Communicates the needs and concerns of the territory and ensures resolution is found.
• Completes call reports and ensures that the needs of our customers are communicated through-out the organization.
• Understands and uses offerings from AGCO Finance or other finance companies.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively cares for and advocates safety at Agri-Service. Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Agri-Service’s strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Overnight travel is rare.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience selling premium priced products, farm equipment sales experience preferred.
• Ability to develop and maintain product knowledge of AGCO and Agri-Service products.
• Proven competence in the four pillars of a sales professional: personal disciplines, relationship skills, strategic selling, and tactical selling.
• Ability to assess customer needs and evaluate customer satisfactions.
• Ability to quickly identify problems, approach work from a solutions-based focus, and develop creative solutions to complex issues.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft or other comparable systems required.
• Knowledge or ability to learn DBS and Sales Link.
• Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building.
• Ability to set and manage priorities.
• Drive and maintain company vehicle.
• Must be a self starter and able to work without supervision.
• Consistent attendance.
Education and Experience:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Proof of driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ sales experience of heavy equipment or farm equipment preferred.
• Must be able to communicate in English (speak, read, comprehend, write).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
We are proud to be one of the largest AGCO dealerships in North America! We sell, service and provide parts for farm equipment including Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Challenger, Hesston, RoGator, TerraGator and many additional lines.
We've been a successful business since 1990 and over the years have grown in geographic footprint, people, products and brands. We highly appreciate our valuable employees knowing they make us the great company that we are as we continue to build on our foundation of strong, dedicated, reliable service.
We proudly represent our core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork and Challenge and offer training, development and growth opportunities.
We are dedicated to the success of agriculture in America. We are friends, family, community and support system to the caretakers of the land -- one farmer, one neighbor, one community at a time.
We are growing and want you to grow with us!
Sales, selling, farming, agriculture, ag, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Challenger, Hesston, RoGator, TerraGator, equipment, heavy equipment, business development.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Reasonable accommodation requests for persons with disability may be submitted by email or U.S. Mail. If you require reasonable accommodation during any part of the hiring process, please submit requests to email@example.com or mail to:
Attn: VP, Human Resources
300 Agri-Service Way
Kimberly, ID 83341
Contact Person: Bonnie Rasmussen
Location: Territory: Benton & Klickitat Counties (WA) and Morrow County (OR))
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ