Employer: Sierra Pacific Industries
At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are seeking a qualified Electrician to work with our Tech Shop in Anderson, CA.
About The Position:
• Building and troubleshoot 480V, 3 phase motor control equipment, PLC panels, operator consoles, and other control system components.
• Install and wire on machine control devices such as photo eyes, proximity sensors, encoders, linear transducers, and other sensors
• Install conduit, pull and terminate wires, using appropriate tools and methods
• Install, disconnect, troubleshoot, and repair electrical motors
• Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet and other communication networks
• Commission, program, and troubleshoot VFD’s
• Perform preventative maintenance and diagnosis on equipment
• A 2-year or higher technical degree in a relevant field with field experience, or Journeyman Electrician Certification preferred.
• 4 years of industrial experience with verifiable proficiency in the primary duties listed above may also be considered in lieu of degree/certification.
• PLC programming experience preferred
• Experience using Word, Excel, and AutoCAD preferred
• Knowledge and practical experience using tools of the trade to accomplish duties
• Ability to read electrical prints and schematics
• Ability to manage time and priorities under demanding circumstances
• Excellent communication, listening, and reasoning skills
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply:
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply online by If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply online by May 21st, 2021 at
Contact Person: Sierra Owens
Location: Anderson, CA
Application Method: How To Apply: If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply online by If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply online by May 21st, 2021 at www.spi-ind.com/careers
Base Pay: DOQ