Employer: Sierra Pacific Industries
At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Our Fabrication/Tech Shop in Anderson has an immediate opening for a strong PLC Programmer. This position is an important element of the Fabrication/Tech Shop and is a great opportunity for the right person to excel. This job is based in Anderson, CA.
About The Position:
• Program and tune multiple axis of motion control
• Program and debug PLCs and HMIs.
• Design control systems used in high performance machinery.
• Plan and coordinate new equipment installations.
• Supervise installation and optimization of machinery.
• Identify and implement process improvements.
• Administer modifications of existing PLC programs in conjunction with mill personnel.
• Efficiently manage multiple projects and processes across a large scope of work, simultaneously gauging task priority.
• Train personnel in maintenance and operation of equipment.
• Some overnight travel to divisions within California and Washington.
• Provide phone support for division technicians for trouble shooting.
• Strong working knowledge of motion controllers, PLCs, servo systems, and HMIs.
• Experience with servo and hydraulic motion control and tuning preferred.
• 4 years of experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix and Kinetix systems preferred.
• Machine vision experience a plus.
• Ability to manage time and priorities under demanding circumstances.
• Excellent communication, listening, and reasoning skills.
• AutoCAD proficiency a plus.
• Strong math skills.
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply:
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply online.
Deadline to apply is March 21st, 2021.
For any questions about the position, please call 530-378-8353.
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
Contact Person: Sierra Owens
Location: Anderson, CA
Application Method: Application online: https://spi-ind.com/Careers
Base Pay: DOQ