Employer: Alpenrose Dairy
Alpenrose Dairy, a 100 year old iconic Portland brand, is looking for a 3rd Shift Maintenance Technician. This position will be working in with our Maintenance Team at our facilities in Southwest Portland. Join us as we propel the brand into the next 100 years!
This job will be responsible for conducting all repairs and preventative maintenance for all equipment associated with the production of milk and ice cream. This position is a union position with the Teamsters 305 and candidates must be willing to join a union.
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. 6:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
•Monitor and execute all appropriate repairs and preventive maintenance of any other equipment that is associated with milk and ice cream production i.e.; casers, stackers, conveyors, fillers, box erectors, and palletizers, freezers, bundlers, HTST’s and Homogenizers.
• Troubleshoot and resolve control networks, instrumentation, PLC (AllenBradley), HMI, VFD, servo and control problems. (limited)
• Read and interpret work orders, safety rules, mechanical and electrical drawings,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Have working knowledge of National, State, Local building codes, OSHA and standard industry safety rules/regulations.
• Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
• Maintain accurate and complete records, document all work performed appropriately.
• Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels.
• Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
• Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
• Utilize a continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
• Familiarity with MS Office suite and applications,
• 3-5 years of manufacturing maintenance, millwright, or other closely related experience.
• Experience with Ammonia refrigeration preferred.
• Experience troubleshooting: PLC’s, controls instrumentation (limited)
• Strong mechanical and manufacturing experience
• Formal education in a related field – prefer Associates degree in mechanical, electrical or engineering
• Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
• Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, crawl, reach, bend, climb.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is necessary.
• Must be able to work in a wet/humid/refrigerated/subzero environment with moderate noise.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
• Effectively work in a team environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to urgent repairs.
Alpenrose Dairy offers exceptional benefits and competitive pay for all of our employees.
Contact Person: Martin Tomic
Phone: (503) 452-2127
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Phone
Base Pay: $25 - 28