Employer: Paragon Films
Paragon Films a local premier manufacturer of premium quality stretch film products and we are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our team.
Paragon believes employees are the greatest asset and we are dedicated to bringing talented individuals into that family.
If you are looking for a position with an exceptional company that is safety minded with extraordinary core values and opportunities you have found it!
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for ensuring the overall continuous operation of Paragon properties both from a production as well as a facilities perspective.
The Maintenance Tech will work with management to prioritize needs as well as identify opportunities for improvement within the organization while exemplifying the Paragon Core Values.
Paragon is a refreshing manufacturing environment with a great Team at a newer facility where our employees enjoy various monthly activities of "Fun in the Plant", company events as well as family friendly activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Skillfully performance maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical and/or physical structures, including the maintenance/replacement of simple motors and the ability to effectively remove and replace AC/DC drives.
• Should have electrical diagnostic skills using multi-meters / amp meters.
• Performs basic welding tasks
• Utilize blue prints to understand machinery, facilities maintenance requirements.
• Ability to perform advanced or complex wiring tasks with supervision
• Performs general inspection to discern the root cause of basic equipment failures and or the need for maintenance equipment. Makes basic repairs within guidelines and authority limit
• Follows and ensures that all safety requirements and procedures are observed and met at all times
• Is knowledgeable and skilled in the use of hand tools and has the ability to identify proper tools for various jobs.
• Is able to prioritize maintenance jobs in order of importance or urgency to ensure production downtime is kept to absolute minimum. Works with manager to determine priorities and ensure knowledge of significant issues
• Follow established procedures for maintenance tasks and reporting duties
• Assist with maintaining maintenance department; ensuring inventory is returned to proper locations and general housekeeping tasks are completed
• Identifies opportunities for improved processes and procedures to assist with efficient management of maintenance tasks and service provided to all departments
• Maintains and up-to-date knowledge of machines and facilities. Ongoing learning through seminars, trainings, classes, etc. to ensure up to date knowledge related to job functions, equipment, electrical tasks and other applicable tasks as related to the job duties.
• Ability to read blue prints
• Basic welding skills
• Intermediate wiring skills
• Knowledge of hand and other maintenance related tools.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgement while adapting to fast paced environment and rapid changes. Able to juggle multiple tasks and handle unexpected delays or events while maintaining constant attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills combined with good problem-solving skills
• Practice and promote teamwork within our organization.
• High level of dependability regarding attendance and punctuality with the ability to be on call as need for maintenance issues.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 80 lbs.
• Ability to climb onto machinery elevated off the ground; railcars, silos. Utilize ladders, stairs, step stools and other equipment necessary while following all applicable safety rules and guidelines.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of one to three years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment working on both facilities and machinery.
• Maintenance in a plastics manufacturing environment.
• Three to five years production line Maintenance experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands including fingers to hold, touch, see, feel, grip, squeeze, push, pull, exert forward exertion, overhead extension with arms, neck rotations, flexibility to look above and underneath and side to side as well as turn backwards, reach above, around and under machinery to perform repairs have enhanced levels of manual dexterity with arms and hands to operate industrial power tools.
Employees must be able to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk on concrete floors for 12-hour shifts, stoop, stand, crouch, bend, walk and climb stairs, ladders, work on elevated platforms and climb on uneven surfaces, read and draft blueprints.
The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 60lbs and frequently lift and/or move up to 80lbs.
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
This is a Safety Sensitive role.
Pre-Employment Drug Testing and Fitness for Duty Physical is required.
Work involves Overtime, 12 Hour Shifts, Shift Rotations and Schedule Changes.
Shift Hours: Days 7:00am - 7:00pm & Nights 7:00pm - 7:00am
Shift Rotation is 1 month on Days & 1 Month on Nights. Typically working 14 days per month with the same hours as 20 days per month & every other weekend is a 3 day weekend!
Receive an automatic Shift Premium of $0.30 for Day Shift & $0.80 for Night Shift.
Requires adherence to deadlines and project completion deadlines.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts,& Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D
* Free Company Paid Benefit for ALL Employees: Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short Term and Long Term Disability.
* 401(k) Plan includes a company match at 100% of your first 3% of contribution & 50% of your 4% & 5% contribution.
* Bonus Program
* Paid Vacation and Paid Sick Leave
* Paid Holidays & 1 Personal Floating Holiday
* Corporate Discounts
* Wellness Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Competitive wages completes Paragon’s total compensation package.
Paragon is a Drug & Alcohol Free workplace.
How To Apply:
* Apply Directly with your resume to this posting!
* Apply Online through the Paragon Films Website Employment Opportunities - www.paragonfilms.com/join-our-team/
If employment is offered a Background Screening is required in addition to the Drug Testing and Fit for Duty Physical.
Contact Person: Kelly Pippins
Location: Union Gap, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: 23.00