Employer: Columbia Reach
Chiawana Orchard is looking for a strong self-motivated individual capable of working on many different farm implements. Equipment includes; Orchard tractors, platforms, mowers, bin trailers, forklifts, ATV’s, sprayers, excavators, front loaders, semi-trucks, wind machines, etc.
Basic Qualifications - A minimum of 2 years of experience mechanic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - It is essential that the right candidate is able to meet the physical demands to successfully perform the functions of this position.
• sit, stand, walk, use hands to; finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; talk or hear; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
• occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
• the ability to work on ladders
Needed Skills and Abilities:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to take direction/instructions from supervisors
• Require a strong working relationship with the shop manager
RESPONSIBILITIES - your main responsibility is to ensure that the orchard equipment is working properly. Responsible for the following and any other duties that may be assigned by your supervisor.
• Identify mechanical problems
• Troubleshoot problems
• Repair equipment as required
• Rebuild equipment
• Assist other mechanics
• Follow safety procedures
• Perform repairs in a timely manner
• Monitor changes and improvements to ensure proper operation
• Ensure parts availability for special projects
• Perform Routine and Preventative Maintenance
• Clean equipment as needed
• Lubricate equipment
• Respond to specific tasks and projects in a timely manner
• Inspect equipment for problems and possible improvements
• Document findings during preventative maintenance; Improve PM process
• Follow LOTO (lock out/ tag out) procedures
• Produce quality workmanship in a professional manner
• Provide a neat appearance: personal
Maintain a Clean and Safe Work Area:
• Observe Confined Space Entry Procedures.
• Observe Hot Work Permit Procedures
• Observe Emergence Evacuation Procedures
• Observe Hazardous Material Policies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other statin in accordance with law.
Job Type: Full-time
All employees are required to wear a mask; warehouse is closed to all visitors and the company adheres to all regulations related to COVID. All common surfaces are sanitized regularly and proper PPE is provided by the company.
Contact Person: Kerri Lovelass
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Resume