Employer: Clark County
In the Department of Public Works at Clark County, we look for people who can grow, think, lead and inspire. We seek leaders, achievers and doers who bring skill, passion and commitment to public service.
As the Wastewater Maintenance Technician II, you will, perform a variety of highly skilled work in the maintenance and repair of the wastewater treatment facility, pump station and portions of the collection system. You will work with considerable independence in all types of climates, and is responsible for the inspection, adjustment, installation, troubleshooting, repair and preventive maintenance of all equipment and structures associated with the wastewater treatment facility.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience of the noted essential job functions listed that establishes candidate’s abilities, skills and knowledge will be considered to establish minimum years of experience required.
· Requires High School Diploma or equivalent (i.e. G.E.D.) with demonstrated proficiency in reading, writing and mathematics.
· Formal or vocational training in industrial mechanical maintenance enough to demonstrate proficiency in all skills, knowledge, and abilities listed.
· Minimum 5 years working experience in industrial maintenance setting.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
The ideal candidate will have the following strengths:
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with multi levels of the organization including other outside agencies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Advanced knowledge of Reading, comprehending, interpreting and understanding complex technical manuals, machine blueprints, specifications and electrical schematics
· Basic skills in methods, materials, tools, and practices for installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of process control instrumentation and the ability to understand the testing equipment of the instrument and electrical technician trade.
· Advanced skills in hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical theory as well as fabrication and use of all related shop tools.
· Advanced knowledge of all pertinent safety practices and procedures as related to wastewater operations and maintenance.
An online application is required. For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Local 307.111 ($28.07 - $34.23) per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.07 - $34.23 per hour
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Instrumentation&fromage=7&vjk=9fe9e65b6981ec19
Base Pay: $28.07 - $34.23 HR