Employer: Yakima Auditor's Office
Salary: $3,144.00 - $4,083.00 Monthly
Location: Yakima County - Multiple Locations, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Auditor's Office
Job Number: 2021-04089
Closing: 5/7/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Administrative Assistant description imageAbout the State Auditor's Office
Our staff works to support our mission of holding state and local governments accountable for the use of public resources. We come from a variety of professional backgrounds, and enjoy working in a collaborative manner with professional, creative and supportive colleagues. The responsibilities of the State Auditor's Office are carried out by more that 400 employees located in 15 regional offices across the state.
For additional information about the State Auditor's Office we encourage you to visit our website at www.sao.wa.gov.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant 3 to support our Yakima and Tri-Cities audit teams. Responsibilities will include: interpreting and applying administrative policies; developing, implementing and documenting procedures to ensure compliance with policies; coordinating personnel administration including recruitment, new hire orientation, and payroll; ensuring adequate supplies and equipment are in compliance with budget and policy guidelines; serving as a liaison between Audit Managers and other staff.
This position is expected to split their time between two separate offices located in Yakima and in the Tri-Cities. The position will select one office as a primary duty station and will be willing to travel to the other location approximately two times per week (travel reimbursement will be provided).
The following functions may be the responsibility of this position in one or both offices, as each office is independently managed.
Administrative Assistance to assigned Audit Management:
- Assists Audit Managers with tasks and projects as delegated and serves as liaison between managers and other staff communicating daily via telephone and email to fill information requests of the Audit Managers.
- Coordinates office operations to ensure efficient use of space, equipment and personnel.
- Maintains liaison and coordination between services and technical support in Olympia.
- Establish, maintain, and serve as contact for office accounts, lease, and equipment maintenance.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment in compliance with budget and policy guidelines, including purchase authority.
- Manage an inventory of team-level equipment in accordance with Office policies and team-level procedures.
- Review and monitor Team Yakima and Team Tri-Cities’ team-level budgets;
- Purchase card custodian, maintain and reconcile purchase card activity log and credit card statement.
- Review, reconcile and act as the custodian for team recognition items which may include assisting with procuring gift cards and/or small recognition gifts.
Human Resource and Payroll Assistance:
- Coordinate personnel administration including recruitment and interview scheduling, new hire orientation, and payroll.
- Review and process staff time summaries, leave slips, and travel vouchers for accuracy, completeness and in accordance with team level processes; assist staff in correcting errors; submit to fiscal and maintain file copy.
- Ensure required documents are sent to human resource and file copy retained.
- Collection and mailing of hourly timesheets and oversight of travel time review in accordance with team-level processes.
Audit Support and TeamMate:
- Assist auditees and citizens with concerns and information inquiries.
- Maintain audit files (which may include initial set-up); electronic data; and the future audit work files (FAWF) as well as archiving the audit upon completion.
- Coordinate record retention and destruction.
- Assist with audit scheduling as needed. Duties may include performing initial client contact, scheduling tentative entrance and exit interviews, sending out pre-audit request lists and updating the schedule as needed.
- Assist in the management and tracking of outstanding hotline and fraud cases including but not limited to: tracking open cases, informing team management and staff and items need to be considered during current audits, updating activity logs and aiding in communication with citizens, clients and SAO personnel on the status of open submissions.
- Assist with the creation of audit engagement letters for open audits and the printing of documents for meetings as needed including entrance and exit conferences.
- Assist with data input as needed on the team level.
Administrative Assistance to Teams:
- Assist staff members on the Yakima, Tri-Cities, and other teams (as needed) attending to their questions, requests, and providing them with needed information. Duties to include, but not limited to, answering phone calls and checking voicemails while in the office.
- Maintain smooth office operations and independently manage and prioritize duties to maintain efficient workflow.
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of facilities, meals, and equipment, for staff trainings, meetings, and lunches including notification of staff, preparation of agenda and minutes.
- Make travel arrangements for staff members traveling out of town for long term audit assignments.
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices; research methods and data collections; communication and correspondence practices;
- Ability to work independently; read, understand, and interpret policies and procedures; develop written reports; work effectively with others; communicate effectively, both in writing and speech.
- High school graduation or GED;
- three years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work. (Formal education will substitute year-for-year for experience.)
Preferred/Desired Competencies -
USE OF COMPUTERS AND MICROSOFT PRODUCTS:
Demonstrates technical knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and Outlook to produce timely accurate work products that fully satisfy the demands of the assignments.
Builds and maintains internal and external customer satisfaction. Addresses customer needs as a priority; continuously seeks to improve the quality of services, products and processes.
Effectively expresses ideas and information, using language that is appropriate to both the complexity of the topic and the knowledge and understanding of the audience.
Effectively conveys ideas and information in writing using language that is professional and appropriate to both the complexity of the topic and knowledge of the reader.
Effectively identify, collect, organize, and document data and information in ways that make the information most useful for subsequent assessment, analysis, and investigation. Use data and information in a clear and rational thought process to assess and understand issues, evaluate options, form accurate conclusions, and make decisions.
To be considered, applicants MUST submit a completed application AND cover letter detailing how you meet the competencies of this position. Resumes are appreciated. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review will be on-going. It will be to your advantage to submit materials expeditiously. The first round of applications will be reviewed on May 7, 2021.
If you are a US Veteran and would like to apply for Veteran's Preference, attach a copy of Form DD214 military record showing honorable discharge.
Questions about this recruitment may be directed to the applications unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Washington State Auditor's Office is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application or testing process, or who need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (564) 999-0947 or via the telecommunications relay service by dialing 7-1-1.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3068283/administrative-assistant?location=yakima%20county&sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $3,144 - $4,083 MO