Employer: Smart Care Equipment Solutions
Associate Service Technician - Equipment Care
Location: Multiple Cities (Seattle, Los Angeles)
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Join the Smart Care Equipment Solutions team as a Preventative Maintenance Service Technician - Associate Territory Service Specialist. As an Associate Territory Service Specialist, you will deliver our performance check programs by providing pro-active maintenance to keep our customers’ kitchen equipment running at optimum efficiency and limit breakdowns. You will also be the primary service technician for our beverage business by completing installations, removals, preventative maintenance, and emergency repairs.
What’s in it For You:
• On-the-job training with available on-demand technical support as well as ongoing formal hands-on and classroom training at our National Training Kitchen. Professional CFESA certifications with the potential for advancement.
• Receive a company service vehicle, fuel card, computer and cell phone for business use
• Market leading benefits program including 401k and paid time off
• Take charge of your career through growth opportunities including advanced technician and management positions
What You Will Do:
• You will leave from home each morning and independently work at customer sites to complete performance checks on commercial foodservice equipment including refrigerators, ice machines, ovens, fryers, and complete beverage equipment preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, installations and removals
• Complete in-service training of customer’s staff on proper cleaning and daily maintenance of equipment
• Effectively manage time and resources to control costs, enhance efficiencies, and meet customer commitments
• Identify operating challenges that lead to kitchen equipment failure in restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and other commercial customers
• Attend appropriate technical and manufacturer training to obtain additional licenses and certifications to progress in your career
• Ability to frequently kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, reach, and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds
• Ability to work with moving mechanical parts, pressurized steam equipment, open flames, heated surfaces, liquids, and risk of electrical shock in damp, humid, or freezing conditions
• Ability to work on ladders, roofs, and other high places
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
• Willingness to be on call or work shifts according to customer needs
• Availability for occasional overnight travel as assigned
• Immigration sponsorship not provided for this role
• Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (i.e. EPA, CFESA)
• Technical experience with refrigeration, appliance repair, kitchen equipment, HVAC, or relevant military service
• Self-motivated with the proven ability prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision
About Smart Care Equipment Solutions:
Smart Care’s mission is to help make every commercial kitchen ready-to-serve their customers. To do so we are committed to being America’s best Commercial Kitchen Equipment service company by delighting customers during every service experience and building our team of the industry’s top technicians. Come join us to be part of our exciting growth plan and build a career with other dedicated team members.
As a Technician you will be at the heart of our operations by diagnosing, repairing, and providing planned maintenance on a broad range of cooking, refrigeration, and dishwashing equipment. Your work makes you a valuable partner to our customers by helping them improve their food service operations, equipment uptime, and overall profitability. Smart Care’s industry leading technical training, mobile-technologies, and technical support provide the opportunity for you to rapidly expand your expertise and grow your career in this dynamic industry. If you’re ready for a new and exciting challenge, it’s time to get smart with Smart Care!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Please call Patrick Connelly at 612-384-3086 if you want to set up a time to talk further about these positions. Click on the link below to Apply directly for the Seattle opening.
Contact Person: Patrick Connelly
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: Competitive