Employer: Yakima Memorial Hospital
Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
The Medical Assistant provides direct patient care within the scope of their certification while assisting the provider as needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, include:
1. Rooms patients, takes vital signs, identifies chief complaint and gathers patient’s medical history.
2. Recognizes and participates in clinical emergencies as needed.
3. Provides basic patient education and distributes educational materials as appropriate.
4. Performs immunizations as instructed by the provider.
5. Processes requests for patient medication refills as defined in refill protocol.
6. Explains discharge or follow-up instructions.
7. Cleans and prepares room for next patient, i.e. discards trash and puts away supplies.
8. Continuously employs infection control and blood-borne pathogen standards.
9. Assists provider as requested.
10. Maintains productivity and clinical flow efficiently.
Yakima Valley Memorial (YVM) is a 256-bed acute-care, not-for-profit community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima Valley for 70 years. YVM also includes a multispecialty team of more than 300 physicians and 20+ primary care and specialty care locations. Specialty care services include cardiac care, a continuum of cancer care, hospice care, and advanced services for children with special health care needs.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, and vision coverage; plus we have a generous 401K plan (with an employer contribution!), competitive compensation, and a diverse workforce that is passionate about patient care. At YVM, we know the best care is provided by employees who are well-supported.
As the region's leading health care provider and Yakima's largest employer, we believe that by inspiring people to thrive, we can transform lives. Our vision at YVM is creating healthy communities one person at a time. With such an important goal, we work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Stewardship, and Innovation for everyone who walks through our doors, patients and coworkers alike. We would love to hear from you!
“Yakima Valley Memorial provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will.”
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ