Employer: Dispute Resolution Center of Yakima and Kittitas Counties
DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER OF YAKIMA AND KITTITAS COUNTIES
TITLE – Intake Specialist 2
36 hours per week
Wage Range: $16.00-$19.00/hr. commensurate with education and experience
The Intake Specialist 2 is responsible for conducting case intake and referral, case development, mediation and facilitation session scheduling, and organizing and participating in small claims court for Spanish- and English-speaking client cases for the Dispute Resolution Center.
1. Assist Spanish- and English-speaking clients over the phone and in person.
2. Organize and participate in Small Claims Court Mediation session.
3. Inform callers and walk in clients about the DRC’s services.
4. Assist clients in determining if mediation/facilitation services are desired for their situation. If not, refer them to other helpful resources. If so, conduct case intake.
5. Conduct Case follow-up on open cases including: sending out letters in a timely manner; communicating telephonically with clients in a timely manner.
6. Conduct telephone negotiation to help bring about conciliation.
7. Set mediation/facilitation session in conjunction with Volunteer and Training Manager and send notification letters.
8. Set up case files.
9. Make reminder calls to attorneys and clients.
10. Close cases once mediation/facilitation sessions have been completed on each case.
11. Enter cases accurately into a complex data management system shared throughout the office.
12. Willing to provide some training services for Spanish Speaking clients consistent with DRC’s training program.
13. Other duties as required.
1. Enthusiasm for alternative dispute resolution processes.
2. Excellent organization skills.
3. Excellent proof reading and spelling skills.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
5. Ability to work cooperatively with staff, volunteers, Board members, and community.
6. Excellent typing and computer/word processing skills.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish with disputants and observe confidentiality.
8. Ability to work collaboratively with others in the office.
9. Ability to manage your time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
1. Fluently Bilingual/Bi-literate in English and Spanish.
2. Completion of the Mediator Certification process when next offered.
3. Accept flexible schedule.
4. Cannot have worked for DSHS or other key referring agency in prior 2 years.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
1. Social Service Background
2. Minimum of Associate of Art Degree plus three years’ experience as intake worker or equivalent position.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Please send resumes to: Michelle Lee - firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: $16 - $19 HR