Employer: Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Work-Based Learning Program Universal Technician
Job ID: 1536355 | Amazon Data Services, Inc
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Data Center Technicians to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team as part of our Work-Based Learning Program (WBLP). Amazon has multiple WBLP trainee openings, and will start all technicians in Summer 2020. These trainees will participate in our 12-week work and training program in our Hemiston, OR area Data Centers.
The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability for our customers within our Data Centers. This position involves installing new rack equipment, decommissioning existing racks, repairing and diagnosing broken servers, handling computer equipment and parts, and managing network gear during installation, decommissioning, and repair.
All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful.
· Walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch. Work at heights and from ladders.
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds unassisted; and participate in group lifts for 36 pounds or more.
· Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances
· Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
· Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
· Push or pull heavy objects into position
· Daily travel between sites may be required.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· 18 years or older
· Ability to work 40 hours/week. Must be able to work 10 hour shifts as needed.
· Able to start May 2021
Effective May 15, 2017, logical access to the AWS GovCloud region will be restricted to Amazon employees who are U.S. Citizens. (GovCloud may NOT be accessed from outside of the United States)
· High school diploma or equivalent education
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· Familiarity with computer hardware components and operating systems
· Ability to manage work and priorities through a ticketing system and coordination with Manager
· Has taken STEM or vocational course curriculum
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Hermiston, OR
Application Method: Online: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1536355/work-based-learning-program-universal-technician
Base Pay: DOQ