Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary (including but not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned):
This ICE Technician II position will report to the Technical Services High Voltage Team that builds, operates and maintains low, medium and high voltage overhead and underground electrical distribution and transmission systems, providing auxiliary power and start up capabilities for many plants and pumping stations. Responsibilities include pole line maintenance and replacement, conductor stringing and underground cable installation. Maintains and repairs electrical equipment and instrumentation. Monitors, maintains, and makes adjustments and repairs of high voltage electrical equipment in and around 115 & 230 KV switchyards as necessary according to design and vendor specifications, to assure facilities operate in the most safe, economic and efficient manner. Monitor, maintain, and repair plant/field electrical, instrumentation, and control systems including generators, transformers, switchyard equipment and switchgear. Perform routine trouble shooting activities. Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to effectively accomplish required maintenance in and efficient and organized manner. Optimize plant preventative maintenance program to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirements, and corporate maintenance philosophy. Install and maintain field communication distribution equipment including overhead fiber optic and copper signal installations. Responsible for assisting maintaining logs, manuals, records, drawings and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provide written reports on system conditions when required. Incorporates safe behavior into all activities and consistently complies with all established safety and health policies and procedures, helps to identify and eliminate or actively manage risks in all work activities.
• Pole line maintenance work, including but not limited to pole replacements; install conductor: primary, secondary, fiber optic and telecommunications;
• Perform pole line inspections, draft reports, and support maintenance of records and updates to operating and single line diagrams
• Switching/operation of overhead devices
• Establishing electrically safe work conditions for personnel safety
• Perform medium voltage cable splicing and terminations
• Perform switchyard corrective and preventative maintenance
• Oversee contractors in performance of similar tasks/responsibilities
• Support operations requests
• This position is subject to call outs and after hours’ work
• High School Diploma and degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent experience. Documented graduation from a recognized Lineman Climbing - technical/vocational school is a plus.
• Journey Level; 2-5 years’ experience in high voltage and/or communications systems line work,
o Experience includes pole and structure climbing and pole top/bucket truck rescue qualifications
o Experience performing pole maintenance and/or line construction, including performance of respective safety responsibilities and tasks.
o Ability to successfully work as part of a team
o Experience in providing on the job skills training to others.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with an advanced understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
• Ability to successfully work as part of a team.
• Experience in providing on the job skills training to others.
• Electronics knowledge a plus.
• Basic certifications/licensures.
• Must possess a current California commercial CDL (Class ‘B’ or ‘A’).
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3751&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Middletown, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ