Employer: Vallejo Flood & Wastewater District
Region: Northern Bay Area
Job Type: Full-Time
Close Date: Until filled
Salary: $9,596.30-$0.00 Monthly
Additional Questionnaires: Supplemental
450 Ryder Street Vallejo, 94590
The Vallejo Flood and Wastewater District invites applications for ELECTRICAL/INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN to establish a hiring list and fill one current vacancy.
Recruitment is Open Until Filled. This recruitment may close without notice. The Initial Application Review will be April 21, 2021. Applications received after this date will be considered at the discretion of the District.
The District is seeking an Electrical/Instrumentation Technician who performs preventative maintenance, repairs, makes adjustments, overhauls, calibrates, replaces and installs new electrical, instrumentation, computerized control systems, and computer network equipment in the wastewater treatment plant, sanitary and storm pumping stations; and performs other related work as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to adapt to work or environment changes.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to create a professional and positive work environment.
Job Announcement URL:
Job Description URL:
PDF icon Job_Announcement_Elec-Inst Tech-2021_External.pdf
Job Video Link URL:
Knowledge of Principles, theory and practices of electricity, electronics, instrumentation, computers, communication systems, pneumatics, radio communication, hydraulics and mechanics as they apply to maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery commonly found in a wastewater treatment facility, tools, materials, methods and practices of electrical, electronic and instrumentation trade.
Ability to Handle a variety of tasks without close supervision; Handle emergency situations; Recognize and correct unsafe working conditions; Order and request materials, supplies and services as required; Recognize, define and solve a variety of mechanical, instrumentation and electrical/electronic problems; Apply principles of logic to define and solve complex problems; Perform ordinary arithmetic, algebraic, and geometric procedures in standard practical applications; Interpret a wide variety of manuals, drawings, and specifications, including layouts, blueprints and schematics, in book, manual and mathematical or diagrammatic form; Communicate clearly and concisely in English both orally and in writing; Walk on uneven surfaces; Wear a respirator; Enter and perform work in a confined space; Work in inclement weather; Accept criticism from supervisors, coworkers and subordinate employees.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Minimum four (4) years paid full-time experience in electrical and instrument installation, repair, and troubleshooting.
- Two (2) years vocational or technical school, shop courses, or equivalent in-plant or on-the-job training.
DESIRABLE: Certificate of Completion of Electrical Apprenticeship, State Certified General Electrician License, or a current Grade I or higher Electrical/Instrumentation certificate issued by the California Water Environment Association.
MUST OBTAIN: CWEA Electrical/Instrumentation Grade I certificate within one year of hire.
Must possess a valid California Class C Driver’s License at the time of employment. The ability to drive District vehicles is a specific requirement for this position. For that reason it is the employee’s responsibility to maintain a driving record that is acceptable to
Please see the attached job announcement and/or visit the District's website.
Please review the supplemental questions prior to applying for this position by using the Supplemental link in the Additional Questionnaire section found above.
If you have documents you would like to be considered, please scan them together as one PDF and attach them to your application using the attachments option.
- The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the examination process.
- The examination process (which includes a one-year probationary period upon hiring) may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, practical examination, application screening, oral board and/or selection interview.
- A selection interview has been tentatively scheduled for the week of May 10, 2021. Please mark your calendars.
- One or more of these steps may be used and in any order. Candidates successful in the examination process will be placed on an eligibility list. The list may be valid for up to two years. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the examination process. Placement on the eligibility list is not a guarantee of a final hiring interview.
- Successful candidates not currently employed in regular status by the District must pass a pre-employment physical to be considered for an appointment.
Location: Northern CA Bay area
Application Method: Online: https://www.calopps.org/vallejo-flood-wastewater-district/job-20097472
Base Pay: $9,596.30 MO