Employer: Amazon Web Services
We are looking for Data Center Technicians to join a growing team within infrastructure operations. Scope of work includes troubleshooting and repairing servers with hardware and network issue. Work involves hardware diagnostic and replacement of failed components. Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision and handle multiple priorities.
Technician will provide operational support of the Eastern Oregon Data Centers. They'll be responsible for day to day incident management of servers and networking equipment and project work and capacity management. The engineer will work closely with the Data Center Manager on projects scheduling and directing work for junior technicians and associates. A Data Center background with troubleshooting and hardware is going to be crucial for this role from a technical standpoint. Personality and a "team like willingness" is important from a soft skill perspective. The customer is currently doubling the amount of Data Centers in Eastern Oregon, so that will remain to be a growing area within the DC's.
Looking for people who are open to working all shifts
• Walk job sites in uneven terrain.
• Work at heights and from ladders.
• Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 41 pounds or more
• Carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds for short distances.
• Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
• Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
• Occasional bending or twisting of the body
• Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
• Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
• Push or pull heavy objects into position
• Work in a noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
• Occasional work in tight and/or narrow spaces, such as under raised floors
Some travel may be required
•Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and coordination with Data Center Manager
•3-5 years IT support experience
•Data Center Technician experience
•Experience with Linux or similar OS
•Good knowledge of network design and protocols
•Understanding of storage devices
•Understanding of scripting languages
•Must exhibit good communication and grammatical skills
•Must be capable of lifting 40+lbs
•Must be able to pass background check
•Must be able to function well under pressure with multiple priorities
Contact Person: Maira Jaramillo
Location: Boardman, OR
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: 24.00