Fiscal Technician 2 (Part-Time)
Salary: $15.74 - $20.78 Hourly
Location : Lincoln County – Other, WA
Job Type: Part Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 21DOT-ER-60274
Closing: 4/19/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to take on fiscal and administrative tasks in a part-time capacity at the Maintenance Office located in Davenport, WA. In this role, you will work as part of a team to provide daily assistance to the public and staff members at the site while answering and directing telephone calls and performing daily office duties. The Fiscal Technician will be responsible for accounting, payroll, and inventory for the Area Maintenance office as well as provide assistance to the Maintenance and Operations Superintendent and Fiscal Specialist Supervisor with administrative support. You will certainly thrive in this position if you have experience in customer service, knowledge of purchasing and payment reconciliation, and possess strong attention to detail.
What to Expect:
This is a part-time position and may work up to 32 hours per week, depending on workload. There is flexibility in which days/hours you work. Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, you will:
- Review employee's timecard entries, and assist employees and supervisors with clearing exception errors, coding errors, and leave requests.
- Process daily labor for Maintenance employees and track leave usage and overtime.
- Run payroll reports and review for accuracy, resolve errors before cutoff deadlines.
- Review, audit, and verify invoices for accuracy and compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Verify coding, items purchased, sales tax, and receiving signatures.
- Prepare invoices for processing via TRAINS Payment Vouchering System and Purchasing Card Management System.
- Coordinate seven rest area coffee stops and rest area activity permits and Manage the Adopt a Highway Program.
- Process Third Party Damages occurring to State Property within our Area.
- Update and maintain office records, personnel records, correspondence, files, and call out lists.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Administrative office support.
- Schedule appointments and meetings.
- Issue permits and permit reports.
- To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High school graduation or GED equivalency.
- Two (2) years of general office experience.
- Ability to perform clerical, secretarial, fiscal, and accounting functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with supervisor, other employees, the public, and other agencies.
- Ability to operated computers, copy machines, telephones, and general office equipment.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work in an environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Important Notes :
Please note this is a part-time position, scheduled to work up to 32 hours per week.
- Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn up to 25 paid vacation days per year!
- Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov.
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Rachel Giese at GieseR@wsdot.wa.gov. Please be sure to reference 21DOT-ER-60274 in the subject line.
Location: Lincoln, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3038616/fiscal-technician-2-part-time
Base Pay: $15.74 - $20.78 HR