Employer: SIerra Controls LLC
Sierra Controls, LLC is a PCIS and SCADA Integrator specializing in the water measurement and control systems for public works, utilities, agriculture, hydroelectric, private industry, and government organizations. Sierra Controls provides master planning, engineering, programming, manufacturing, installation, and service for SCADA, telemetry, instrumentation, automation, and controls. Our customers are mostly located in Northern Nevada, East and West slopes of the Sierra Mountains, and Central California areas.
Sierra Controls is actively looking for an IT Technician to work from our Reno NV location to service our Nevada and Central CA markets.
The successful candidate will have experience in several IT technologies including Responsible for the installation and maintenance of all Sierra Control’s internal IT systems; and Sierra Control’s customer IT systems. IT systems include, but are not limited to, physical and virtual network servers, switches, routers, firewalls, NAS, KVMs, desktops, laptops and mobile devices. Also, responsible for the proper documentation of all systems including network diagramming, IP address listing, and asset tracking.
· Works closely with other members of the IT Committee to propose, evaluate and discuss information technology systems that can benefit both customer and internal systems.
· Provides technical support to both Sierra Control’s employees and Sierra Control’s customers. Technical support is to be professional, timely and courteous. Works with other departments such as engineering and field service at Sierra Controls to resolve issues as needed.
· Additional tasks as requested and needed.
· Manage multiple concurrent SCADA / IT related projects
· Provide technical guidance on assigned projects for the project team
· Work with other Sr. Engineers and Project Engineers to provide a quality experience for our customers and successful integration to meet each customer’s SCADA / IT needs.
· Review Proposals to ensure technical accuracy for own projects
Duties / Skills:
· Manage Client Software Licensing and Subscriptions
· Produce Layered Network Diagrams
· Configure Client and Staff Workstation & Servers
· Assist with system design and proposals
· Project commissioning and startup
· Project Documentation and O&M Manuals
· Provide site surveys, design and review of proposals for own projects
· Design and Implementation of data communications systems including wireless networks and radio systems (Licensed and unlicensed)
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel)
· Familiar with Microsoft SQL Servers
· Data Management (Virtual Basic, C++, Microsoft SQL Server)
· Develop accurate Bill of Material (BOM) for computer systems and other production needs
· Willingness to work in the field technical and engineering related tasks
· System Test all systems before field installation (where possible)
· Detail-oriented, organized, and professional
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to travel
· Leads by example
· Excellent at Team Building
· Clean Driving Record
· Ability to pass a drug test
· Must be trusted and able to work independently and remotely.
· Medical, Dental, Vision, (9) Paid Holidays, PTO, Short Term & Long-Term Disability, 401K, and more.
Contact Person: Danny Hunsaker
Location: Reno, NV
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $20 HR